Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 MVFC Recruiting

Default Re: 2019 MVFC Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Yes, it did. Talk about spin. You can always find a gem or two at that level, but not when it makes up virtually an entire class. Your coaches aren't talented enough to develop them. Personally, I love it. "In Bubba We Trust" .

Teams are going to be chomping at the bit to kick their ass.

LOL without knowing how USD is doing it can't be any worse than the "scraps" your getting.
    Hard for me to argue with anything you just stated.

Well, SS thinks he is really great (of course). Bubba has a real eye this year for spotting D2 level talent.
    Yeah, there are a few on SS that already think this kid could be the second coming, but I think most are just happy that we offered a QB, after not offering one last year (seriously, wtf?). As for the "In Bubba We Trust", I know I have backed off on it a bit. Yeah, he took a crap program from Muss and improved it, and made the playoffs ... that's all great, but last year was a disaster. Injuries suck and killed us, but that just means he had not beefed up the depth chart as he should of. The biggest red flag for me is keeping the OC on staff. UND doesn't have the talent or depth of NDSU, but there are some very talented pieces. No doubt that Santiago and Oliveira are really good running backs, and Santiago can line up at WR; but Rudolph consistently employs some of the most predictable and unimaginative plays he can. When you don't have depth, you may want to try to utilize your strengths in a different way. Even in the playoff year, Rudolph's offensive scheme left plenty to be desired.

As far as I'm concerned, Bubba missed his chance to make his staff changes. If Rudolph crashes and burns, that is on Bubba as well.

As for recruiting, Bison fans can laugh at UND all they want, but I just don't know if there is much UND can do right now to win many recruiting battles. NDSU and SDSU are both so much more established, and have the consistently winning programs. UND has to maximize the potential of the few big recruits they do get, and hit on a few of the under the radar guys. With QB I always like Studruds mentality, he was certainly tough, but his arm and vision just weren't there. Hoping Ketteringham can step up UND's QB play this season, but we won't know until we get into some games. Definitely more QB depth than we have had at the D1 level, but still need to see some proven results.

I don't think that 2017 was an accurate reflection of the team's potential because of injuries; but the same could be said about the 2016 season, with several close games that required turnovers and comebacks. So where are we? Hoping this year will show some stability. If we can stay healthy, and our OC can change his gameplan, maybe we can see the potential. As much as I love my team, there is a lot to prove. Based on last year, UND would get beat up pretty bad in the Valley (killed MO St. then got killed by USD), but in two years? .... well, we will see which was UND trends over the season. Regardless, I'm glad that we will be playing some regional opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    Yeah, there are a few on SS that already think this kid could be the second coming, but I think most are just happy that we offered a QB, after not offering one last year (seriously, wtf?). As for the "In Bubba We Trust", I know I have backed off on it a bit. Yeah, he took a crap program from Muss and improved it, and made the playoffs ... that's all great, but last year was a disaster. Injuries suck and killed us, but that just means he had not beefed up the depth chart as he should of. The biggest red flag for me is keeping the OC on staff. UND doesn't have the talent or depth of NDSU, but there are some very talented pieces. No doubt that Santiago and Oliveira are really good running backs, and Santiago can line up at WR; but Rudolph consistently employs some of the most predictable and unimaginative plays he can. When you don't have depth, you may want to try to utilize your strengths in a different way. Even in the playoff year, Rudolph's offensive scheme left plenty to be desired.

As far as I'm concerned, Bubba missed his chance to make his staff changes. If Rudolph crashes and burns, that is on Bubba as well.

As for recruiting, Bison fans can laugh at UND all they want, but I just don't know if there is much UND can do right now to win many recruiting battles. NDSU and SDSU are both so much more established, and have the consistently winning programs. UND has to maximize the potential of the few big recruits they do get, and hit on a few of the under the radar guys. With QB I always like Studruds mentality, he was certainly tough, but his arm and vision just weren't there. Hoping Ketteringham can step up UND's QB play this season, but we won't know until we get into some games. Definitely more QB depth than we have had at the D1 level, but still need to see some proven results.

I don't think that 2017 was an accurate reflection of the team's potential because of injuries; but the same could be said about the 2016 season, with several close games that required turnovers and comebacks. So where are we? Hoping this year will show some stability. If we can stay healthy, and our OC can change his gameplan, maybe we can see the potential. As much as I love my team, there is a lot to prove. Based on last year, UND would get beat up pretty bad in the Valley (killed MO St. then got killed by USD), but in two years? .... well, we will see which was UND trends over the season. Regardless, I'm glad that we will be playing some regional opponents.
    I think that you have posted a pretty good assessment of the state of affairs at UN_ and I have no doubt that you guys are doing the best you can. I am skeptical that you are going to have a quality 2019 class with the type of recruits you are getting with the exception of a couple of players. You had better build depth and an offensive line or you won't have a running game and your quarterbacks will not last very long. Playing a couple of Valley teams gave you a taste of things, but two games against 5th and 7th place finishers is nothing like the season long guantlet.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I think that you have posted a pretty good assessment of the state of affairs at UN_ and I have no doubt that you guys are doing the best you can. I am skeptical that you are going to have a quality 2019 class with the type of recruits you are getting with the exception of a couple of players. You had better build depth and an offensive line or you won't have a running game and your quarterbacks will not last very long. Playing a couple of Valley teams gave you a taste of things, but two games against 5th and 7th place finishers is nothing like the season long guantlet.
    I completely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFan View Post
    Take whatever scraps we can get. How is South Dakota's recruiting going?
    Actually, it's going just fine. Coach Bob has hauled in some dang good recruits the last several years. Don't see any difference in 2019. We're shopping at the same meat market as the rest of the MVFC. It just stands out when several UND commits have their other offers from a who's who of NSIC schools. You usually don't see that when following MVFC recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Actually, it's going just fine. Coach Bob has hauled in some dang good recruits the last several years. Don't see any difference in 2019. We're shopping at the same meat market as the rest of the MVFC. It just stands out when several UND commits have their other offers from a who's who of NSIC schools. You usually don't see that when following MVFC recruiting.
    How many commitments does Bob have and who else offered them? Those are the only parameters that matter. I am assuming its better than UND.

How many commitments does Bob have and who else offered them? Those are the only parameters that matter. I am assuming its better than UND.
    If anyone has time to burn, I would be curious to see such a list for each of the 4 Dakota schools.

Here is the Coyote page

http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com...l-2019-commits

DJ GROSS 6'2" 215 - MLB/TE - McCook HS - McCook, NE (did not see any other FCS offers)

ROBERT FORD III 6'1" 170 DB/WR - Lutheran HS - St. Peters, MO (Missouri State, Western Illinois, Southern Illinois, Tennessee Martin)

MASON FAIRCHILD 6'5" 250 - DE/OL - Andale HS - Andale, KS
    (Kansas, Southern Illinois)

JOEY LOMBARD 6'5" 310 - OL - Anoka HS - Anoka, MN (SDSU, Western Illinois, Fordham)

BLAKE HOLDEN 6'3" 235 MLB/TE/FB - Watertown HS - Watertown, SD (SDSU offer)

5 commits so far - seems like quality, not quantity so far.

I’m not going to go watch film on a FH recruit, but this QB seems like a good get for Grand Forks.
    Especially considering there wasn’t a QB recruit last season for the FH’s (iirc). So then the question becomes who is the 2nd QB recruit for the class, Not if there should be one. Perhaps a JC or a FBS transfer QB.

Great stats for the QB, comes from a football family, and if Omaha.com ranks him #10 overall in Nebraska, and #1 in the State for QB’s, well, they are 1 of the go-to groups in Nebraska for that.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...kzTEdA.twitter
    Last edited by bruinbison; 07-24-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    If anyone has time to burn, I would be curious to see such a list for each of the 4 Dakota schools.
    NDSU

https://247sports.com/college/north-...tball/Commits/

SDSU

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...710#post313710

USD

http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com...l-2019-commits

2 more in-State commits for the Fighting Hawks

EJ Langstaff
    @EjLangstaff

I'm excited to have received my first Division 1 offer from the University of North Dakota, and I'm even more excited to say that I'll be continuing my academic and football career at UND! Thanks to @UndCoachSchmidt and @BubbaSchweigert for giving me this opportunity #TakeFl19ht
    Langstaff is 6’ 5” 230, from West Fargo, and Jody Norstedt said this:

Jody Norstedt
    Jody Norstedt
    @NorstedtMidcoSN

Another West Fargo football product commits to UND. Langstaff joins Luke Lennon who committed last week. Langstaff was a force on the Packer D-line last season.
    Also a commit from:

UNDFootball360
    @UNDFootball360

#UND gets commitment from in-state product LB Kaden Wolsky of Carrington, ND. 6'0"-190. State championship wrestler, as well.
    According to Tom Miller, Wolsky is a preferred walk-on.

Tom Miller
    @tommillergf

Wolsky was first team all-state Class A LB. The PWO is the fourth in-state verbal in 2019.