Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: 2019 MVFC Recruiting

Default Re: 2019 MVFC Recruiting

SDSU commit Luke Reimer - ATH - 6'2" 219, Lincoln, NE (North Star)
    flips to a pwo from homestate Nebraska.

SDSU offers WR/DB Shane Dailey - 5’ 9” 160 - Bellevue West NB

Dylan Downing - 6’ 1” 225 - LB - Mission KS (Bishop Miege)
    Receives preferred walk on offers from Kansas, Missouri State.
    Bishop Miege is Jasir Cox’ high school.

Jacks lost Oliver Carras- DE- 6'5 215, today to Arizona State.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Jacks lost Oliver Carras- DE- 6'5 215, today to Arizona State.
    Seeing more and more of this for them. It would seem that they are targeting more highly sought after players in the same way NDSU has been. I don't follow their recruiting enough to know how many they are winning or any of that but it would seem it's another example of how their program is trending in a general positive direction. Which I would say can't be argued with their relative success the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Seeing more and more of this for them. It would seem that they are targeting more highly sought after players in the same way NDSU has been. I don't follow their recruiting enough to know how many they are winning or any of that but it would seem it's another example of how their program is trending in a general positive direction. Which I would say can't be argued with their relative success the last few years.
    Yes on the SDSU recruiting looking better, or as Bisonville has said in the past, you know you are recruiting the right players when some get poached by the FBS schools.

Speaking of which, the change at Kansas and soon at Kansas State are interesting......
    Kansas just offered a pwo to Fort Osage High (Independence) QB Ty Baker (6’ 2” 193), who is a Missouri State commit. Da Bears need a QB, will they keep this one?

With the change at Kansas and Kansas State am keeping my fingers crossed on Bison commit Javier Derritt......
    signing day can’t get here fast enough!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    SDSU is doing all the right things in recruiting especially hitting Nebraska hard when the Bison stopped and pulled out...it's still a mystery to me considering all the success the Bison have had from there. Cue the "Nebraska has been down in talent for several years now".

Fighting Hawks lose a Nebraska recruit, Darius Luff (Lincoln) to Indiana. The Hoosiers offer was for track, Luff being a state champ in hurdles.

Nebraska gets a pwo commit from LB Caden McCormack - 6'2" 210 - Lincoln NE (Southwest)
    McCormack had an offer from SDSU.

According to a list compiled by Mike Sautter (Omaha.com)
    McCormack would be the 8th homestate pwo commit.

The Cornhuskers just had a day camp for such players, and other prospects - only 1 name jumped out at me (not that I know who the Bison talk to) - Cole Aniello, a 6’ 6’ 300 OL from Millard West who I don’t think has committed to anyone.
    Aniello has offers from SDSU, Cornell, Columbia, Northern Iowa, South Dakota and......a pwo offer from Nebraska.
    Have wondered if NDSU would ever offer him if other potential OL recruits don’t work out.

edit: Nebraska just got another homestate pwo, Noah Stafursky - 6’ 4” 300 - OL - York
    That should be the 9th homestate pwo, if my count is correct.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-06-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Nebraska gets a pwo commit from LB Caden McCormack - 6'2" 210 - Lincoln NE (Southwest)
    McCormack had an offer from SDSU.

According to a list compiled by Mike Sautter (Omaha.com)
    McCormack would be the 8th homestate pwo commit.

The Cornhuskers just had a day camp for such players, and other prospects - only 1 name jumped out at me (not that I know who the Bison talk to) - Cole Aniello, a 6’ 6’ 300 OL from Millard West who I don’t think has committed to anyone.
    Aniello has offers from SDSU, Cornell, Columbia, Northern Iowa, South Dakota and......a pwo offer from Nebraska.
    Have wondered if NDSU would ever offer him if other potential OL recruits don’t work out.

edit: Nebraska just got another homestate pwo, Noah Stafursky - 6’ 4” 300 - OL - York
    That should be the 9th homestate pwo, if my count is correct.
    Scott Frost is killing it (meant that in a good way). I expect they will be in the Big 10 Championship Game within the next three years.
    Hail the BISON!!!

About those changes at Kansas and soon-to-be decided Kansas State......the Coyotes lose a top recruit from Kansas to the new Jayhawk staff:

Mason Fairchild
    @fairchild_mason

I want to thank coach Nielson and the whole South Dakota football staff for giving me the chance to play for them at the next level. But after much consideration, I have decided to stay home and play for the University of Kansas #RockChalk