Thread: Big XII Coaching Carousel

Default Big XII Coaching Carousel

Now Sammie Henson is out at West Virginia. Two teams looking for head coaches in our conference. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Default Re: Big XII Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBison View Post
    Now Sammie Henson is out at West Virginia. Two teams looking for head coaches in our conference. Will be interesting to see what happens.
    My "guess" is that they have someone in mind to replace Sammie already. The big name that they should be going after is Casey Cunningham. How he isn't a head coach at a major wrestling program yet is mind-boggling to me. Then again, I'm still surprised how long it took Sean Bormet to get a head coaching job.

Other big names to look out for that should be getting head coach jobs in the next few years are Mark Perry, Damion Hahn and Donny Pritzlaff.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    My "guess" is that they have someone in mind to replace Sammie already. The big name that they should be going after is Casey Cunningham. How he isn't a head coach at a major wrestling program yet is mind-boggling to me. Then again, I'm still surprised how long it took Sean Bormet to get a head coaching job.

Other big names to look out for that should be getting head coach jobs in the next few years are Mark Perry, Damion Hahn and Donny Pritzlaff.
    I feel as though Casey would be taking a demotion as a head coach going to a lot of schools. It is going to take a top 6 job to get him to leave Penn State. JMO but I am guessing he is the first call for every AD and they get told no.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBison View Post
    I feel as though Casey would be taking a demotion as a head coach going to a lot of schools. It is going to take a top 6 job to get him to leave Penn State. JMO but I am guessing he is the first call for every AD and they get told no.
    I agree.

Also, I think WVU made the right decision IMO. WVU wasn't progressing and outside of Moisey's magical run a few years ago, they haven't accomplished much under Hensen.

So does this make Sammie a candidate now for the SDSU opening? I myself would have to think that he would now throw his hat in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    So does this make Sammie a candidate now for the SDSU opening? I myself would have to think that he would now throw his hat in the mix.
    Not sure, as a Jack I really hope Sell is close to finalizing the new HC already. Unless Hensen knew he was about to get ousted not sure he'd be in the mix. Unless SDSU can't finalize anything which would create an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    I'm not sure SDSU would want him, based on tenure at WV, would they?
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Damion Hahn brought on as the next HC for the Jacks. Any Jacks fan I've discussed this with thinks this is a slam dunk.

Hahn is a great dude, great wrestler, and a heck of a coach.

He hasn't been a HC yet, but I think all signs pointing to this being a great hire.

Now Tim Flynn is head coach at West Virginia. He was the head coach at Edinboro for 20+ years and had some fairly recent high level success. They won a trophy for 3rd at NCAAs in 2015