Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Most Satisfying Wins

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Top Ten Most Satisfying Wins

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I wouldn't call him a dolt...just misguided on his feelings concerning you.
    OK TA, he has misguided feelings towards a GSU fan that admires the NDSU program. I think I am safe with calling "The Teach" a dolt because I don't think he knows what the term means.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

1. Winning the 50/50 at the last home game.
    2. NDSU vs. Montana in the early 2000's.
    3. Brookings PD vs. Stig.
    4. Beating a "bro" in armwrestling at Chub's, he had to buy drinks for me and my 4 friends all night.
    5. A PBT after leaving Sports Bar.
    6. That time I convinced my wife I needed 1 more drink.
    7. NCAA vs. UND Fighting Lost Causes
    8. Streaker vs. security at Howard Wood Field
    9. Timelines vs. Pete Sabo
    10. "Beating" the floods of '97, '09-'11 without a dam and diversion.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Streaker at Sioux Falls was the stuff of legend.

Not sure on the year, my guess is 2012, in the student line, we see this kid haul ass out of the tailgate lot. He's rocking a custom bison jersey with the name Beck on the back. Runs by the student line with chubby low energy police about 30 paces behind him. He hops a fence near the BSA and we celebrate. Unfortunately, about 5 minutes master, the unthinkable happens. He was being led away by the police. I imagine he's locked away in the underbelly of the FargoDome... being beat regularly. We havent forgotten you buddy, we are coming for you.
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Streaker at Sioux Falls was the stuff of legend.

Not sure on the year, my guess is 2012, in the student line, we see this kid haul ass out of the tailgate lot. He's rocking a custom bison jersey with the name Beck on the back. Runs by the student line with chubby low energy police about 30 paces behind him. He hops a fence near the BSA and we celebrate. Unfortunately, about 5 minutes master, the unthinkable happens. He was being led away by the police. I imagine he's locked away in the underbelly of the FargoDome... being beat regularly. We havent forgotten you buddy, we are coming for you.
    Not a satisfying win but some good old thread drift. That reminds me of a concert at the fargodome when I watched an underage drinker try out running security. Scaled a fence the only problem was by the time he scaled the fence security had already walked around the fence and was waiting on the other side. He wasn't going anywhere after that so we didn't even bother bailing him out until the next morning. Didn't want to ruin the night for everyone.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    The Top 10 Beat Downs List is fantastic..... Another list that would be equally fascinating would the a list of the most satisfying wins. Recommendations will be added to the list

1. JMU National Championship Jan 2018 +++++ "Restored order to the universe"
    2. _ND 2015 ++
    3. Gophers 2007 and 2011 +++++++ <- Seems to be leading
    4. Kansas State 2013 (was it really that long ago? Seems like yesterday. +++++
    5. Georgia Southern 2011 +
    6. Georgia Southern 2012
    7. Iowa - 2014 " let me know that we were in good hands with Wentz & Coach K @ the realm" +++++
    8. Jacksonville State 2016
    9. Montana 2015 +
    10. SHSU Natty 2011

11. JackRabbits Playoffs 2014 "They pulled ahead with a last minute touchdown and Wentz came right down the field and Urzendowski makes a great catch."
    12. UNI 2011 regular season game "When we finally started to beat UNI, can't remember when" (coming of age game?) ++
    13. "Each and every Natty" ++
    14. '1985 playoff win at SD featuring "the pitch."'
    15. SDSU in the 2016 playoffs "Was gloriously satisfying to put a beatdown on them after they won in Fargo earlier that year "
    16. 1965 championship season - start of the string
    17. Youngstown in 2012 & 2013
    18. Montana 2003 " the first FCS team that we played after the decision was made to move up"
    19. EWU 2017 - "sweet revenge'
    20. 1st Natty ++
    21. Illinois State National Championship "We are blessed as a fan base. So many ridiculously over the top epic wins. For most teams that would be #1 but for us it's one of many"
    22. First Sam Houston 2007 game starring Rhett Bomar SHSU 38-NDSU 41

The list is not in any particular order... if someone wants to rank them, I will reorder the list. Beat the Gopher in 2007 is probably my #1 ... that pretty much announced the arrival of the Bison as a D1 level team.

Contenders include SHSU, Jacksonville State and KS

Here is a resource to help refresh memories: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...Bison_football
    hey MORON. your #2 is an embarassment to all of us. Remove it.

beating EWU to Avenge the EWU 2010 playoff loss was Satisfying.

beating Montana State in 2010 playoff run was most Satisfying... that was a straight up Party out there and we Crashed it.

beating Minnesota in 2011 was the MOOOOST Satisfying overall
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    SDSU in the '16 playoffs. Was gloriously satisfying to put a beatdown on them after they won in Fargo earlier that year in the final seconds and their coach(es?) whined about "sharing" the MVFC title with a team they beat.
    This is my all time favorite for FCS games. There was some serious complaining and grumbling from SDSU fans about how the title can't be shared (clearly they hadn't been there before.) Then we destroyed them in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Most satisfying has to be the most recent. Beating JMU restored us as the king of the FCS. Next one would be UN_ in 2015. Putting little brother in his rightful place in dominating fashion was oh so good. Lots of close debatable ones after that but for me, the top 2 were obvious.
    Beating JMU this year was sweet, but the best part was their fans honestly were posting like we weren't even in the same league as them. We still aren't in their mind, they just dropped passes to let it get out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    Youngstown in 2012 is on my list. They were ranked 3 and we were 1. They’d handed us our only loss in 2011. Lotsa hype. I think the score at halftime was 28 or 35-0 Bison
    I remember this game....I remember going. That's it. I was super pumped for it and my cousin had a keg n eggs party and then had root beer schnapps. IBY was dead that day.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    This is my all time favorite for FCS games. There was some serious complaining and grumbling from SDSU fans about how the title can't be shared (clearly they hadn't been there before.) Then we destroyed them in the playoffs.

Beating JMU this year was sweet, but the best part was their fans honestly were posting like we weren't even in the same league as them. We still aren't in their mind, they just dropped passes to let it get out of hand.

I remember this game....I remember going. That's it. I was super pumped for it and my cousin had a keg n eggs party and then had root beer schnapps. IBY was dead that day.
    A very large majority of fans on their site didn't give us a chance just because they beat us a year before at home. Just no way we could somehow improve from the year before.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    A very large majority of fans on their site didn't give us a chance just because they beat us a year before at home. Just no way we could somehow improve from the year before.
    Yeah, that was part of it because they didn't appreciate the Bison's loss of 3 key players before that game, but they also won the semi by thrashing another MV team the week before. The SD team they beat in the semi was used up in their win the previous week and out of gas when they played JMU. Then they were also on some sort of 23 game win streak which made them seem (to themselves) invincible. These series of events all conspired to give them a false image of superiority and an opponent in decline. Reality can be a bitch.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For me it was our 6 national championship games.
    1 - 6 our NCs
    7-9 All the teams in the Erk era that said that GSU ran a gimmick offense, there defense would destroy it & our wins were a fluke.
    10. University of Florida
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Let me add another...

...the Bison beat UND when UND was ranked #1 in the 70s. Can't think of the year. It was in Grand Forks. Big comeback in the game. Donnie Siverson (QB) walked into the end zone on a bootleg play with almost zero time left.

The silence of the UND crowd was well worth the price of admission. I remember Dahl (first name?) walking off the field with a bloody, smiling face.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.