Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Playoff Playoff Beatdowns (as of end of 2017 season)

Default Re: Top 10 Playoff Playoff Beatdowns (as of end of 2017 season)

The entire 2013 playoffs were a beatdown of epic proportions. Outscoring our opponents 173-42 and the closest game was a 28 point margin in Frisco.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    The entire 2013 playoffs were a beatdown of epic proportions. Outscoring our opponents 173-42 and the closest game was a 28 point margin in Frisco.
    1965 Bison Team was equally as good and dominate!
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    2011 UNI, our 4th year in the Valley and we were 0-3 against the Panthers. Some nasty games back then with PP getting tossed in 09. I remember feeling relief and satisfaction after we finally beat those SOB's!
    Damn...put this in the wrong similar thread...playoffs...GSU 2012, great game

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would say the 1990 IUP 3rd quarter was the biggest beat down I have ever seen. Wasnt there 5 td on six plays with about 350 yards offense in those 6 plays? Wow..just wow.

Two favorite quotes from the 1990 IUP broadcast.

“NDSU’s philosophy is all their best athletes play on defense”

“When the locusts come they eat everything!”

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Both the San Diego games ended up as blowouts.
    45-7
    38-3

If Coastal was a beatdown then so was the week before 38-3 over Furman

First two playoffs wins
    Bob Morris 43-17
    Montana State 42-17

Montana was exposed in 2015

And the Towson game for sure. They were never in it. Could’ve put up 60 if they wanted to
    If you check the yardage on those games as well as score easy to say blowouts. Just not sure where you would put them as they were less a suprise then some of the other games.

The Wofford game from this year has to make the list though. 32 point win and 275+ yard advantage on offense

Funny how we are making points as to why 30-point wins need to be on the Top 10 list of FCS playoff wins. Id say us Bison fans are a tad spoiled. lol

Sam Houston 2014.

The reason being I LOVE the drive at the end of the 3rd beginning of the 4th. It IS Bison football to me!!!

Here we come stop us, again, again, again, again and again and again with a bulldozing of Crockett into the Endzone for the score.

1:40:00 Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Sam Houston 2014.

The reason being I LOVE the drive at the end of the 3rd beginning of the 4th. It IS Bison football to me!!!

Here we come stop us, again, again, again, again and again and again with a bulldozing of Crockett into the Endzone for the score.

1:40:00 Mark

There was a play they ran three times in a row where the tight end was covered making him ineligible and Joe Haeg was uncovered making him eligible. SHSU couldn’t figure it out and kept coverage on the tight end. I laugh every time I watch it. It was a foreshadow to the play in the championship game where they threw it to Haeg

I was kind of surprised when I went looking for D2 blowouts... there really weren't that many obvious choices beyond the seven listed in the first post.

Then again, NDSU's option attack really lent itself to grinding out the clock. That 31-12 win against UC Davis back in 1985 might not look like much, but that was pretty much a blow out... same as the 1986 game against Central State.

If you consider a blowout any game decided by 28+, then 17.7% of D2 playoff games and 20.2% of FCS games have been blowouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    I would say the 1990 IUP 3rd quarter was the biggest beat down I have ever seen. Wasnt there 5 td on six plays with about 350 yards offense in those 6 plays? Wow..just wow.
    Yeah...Simdorn, Goettl, TR McDonald, and Satter (among others) did whatever they wanted. The defense also killed them. This was an FCS caliber team at an elite level. They were loaded.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.