Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Playoff Playoff Beatdowns (as of end of 2017 season)

Default Top 10 Playoff Playoff Beatdowns (as of end of 2017 season)

I'm not sure that NDSU has even delivered 10 playoff curbstompings but however long the list, I think that UNH in 2013 is #1.

• NDSU scored 52 unanswered
    • UNH's only drive was at the very end of the game and they had under 200 yards of offense

Editing as replies come in:

FCS
    New Hampshire 2013
    Sam Houston 2017
    Coastal Carolina 2013
    Montana 2015
    Richmond 2015
    Jacksonville State 2015
    Sam Houston 2014
    Sam Houston 2012
    SDSU 2012

D2
    Ashland 1986 50-0
    Cal Poly 1990 47-0
    UND 1995 41-10 (41 unanswered)
    IUP (aka Indiana, PA) 1990 51-11 (5 3rd quarter TDs)
    Augustana 1988 49-7 ("Congrats on making the playoffs for the first time! Here, have an ass kicking."\
    North Alabama 1985 35-6 (not as close as the score might make it look)
    Truman State 1992 42-7 (Simdorn could barely walk and yet the beating was so bad they changed their name)

Bowl Games
    Montana 1969 30-3
    Last edited by tony; 03-27-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Default Re: Top 10 Playoff Playoff Beatdowns (as of end of 2017 season)

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'm not sure that NDSU has even delivered 10 playoff curbstompings but however long the list, I think that UNH in 2013 is #1.

• UNH's only drive was at the very end of the game and they had under 200 yards of offense
    I'd have to put both Sammy semis up there. They seemed utterly demoralizing.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coastal Carolina #1 was a waxing.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=333482449

Sam Houston #4 was also enjoyable.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=401003810
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Sammy Frisco #2. Anything that could go NDSU's way, did. And they earned it. Fire Drill was my favorite.

GSU #1. Don't remember much about the game itself. Just remember the outcome.

Montana 2015. Just dominated.

JSU Finals 1st half. Most dominant first half in a championship game.

SDSU 2016. 36 unanswered points. Coach Eck couldn't find a rabbit hole big enough to hide in after his jubilation from the trick play to score on 4th down.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

It's honestly easier to try and remember the close playoff games. There have been so many beatdowns they all start running together.

UNH at least had some drama for the first couple drives where everything was going their way on defense.

#1. Beach Chickens #1 just seemed like a wire to wire ass kicking. Think they had one drive with a couple of long passes, but for a team that came in pumped up over their upset of Montana they were shown to be totally out matched.

#2 Montana felt real similar with the added benefit of the revenge factor. I think Gustoffson threw 4 or 5 picks that game. If it wasn't for the Bunnies at JMU that would look embarrassing.

#3 Last SHSU semifinal. Maybe technically it should be higher than the other two, but by now so many teams have whipped the Bearcats in the playoffs it doesn't feel like something to brag about anymore.

Take the first half of Sam Houston #4 (2017) and combine it with the second half of Sam Houston #3 (2014)... ouch.

A couple from early in the run to add for consideration.

FCS playoff game #1 - RMU 17 good guys 43. It was the beat down we all expected, but somehow everyone's favorite self-declared expert picked against us.

FCS playoff game #2 - The follow up to RMU, a 42-17 beat down in Bozeman when we were supposed to be underdogs again.

Lehigh - Doubters thought Ryan Spadola would tear us up, but he couldn't keep off of Twitter and was suspended before we shutout a team that came in averaging 35ppg and a ton of offense through the air.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

I'll liked the 2012 SDSU game (home of the original trick play). SDSU came into that 2nd round game confident because 3 weeks prior they had taken NDSU to the wire in the Fargodome losing by only 3 and were coming off a domination of a Jimmy Garappolo led EIU down in Brookings. What made it all the more satisfying is I think most Bison fans, myself included, were a little nervous about it whether they wanted to admit it or not. That was the first time that the big regionalization debate became hot around here since SDSU was likely the best team of the 8 playing that opening weekend but the NDSU players said after the game that they were happy to see SDSU in their bracket since they wanted to squelch any doubts about the ability of each team in relation to each other after that tight regular season game.

In that game SDSU crossed the NDSU 35 yard line exactly once (which was on their 2nd drive of the game) and never even threatened to score after that and the Bison won 28-3.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Editing as replies come in:

New Hampshire 2013
    Sam Houston 2017
    Coastal Carolina 2013
    Montana 2015
    Richmond 2015
    Jacksonville State 2015
    Sam Houston 2014
    Sam Houston 2012
    SDSU 2012
    The title of this thread suggests to me all time playoff beatdowns, but obviously you are only talking about FCS playoff beatdowns. If DII playoff games were included I would put some of these in as they were much more of a dismantling than some others listed such as Sammy #2 or CC #1 or Sammy in 2014.

Ashland 1986
    Augustana 1988
    Cal Poly 1990
    Indiana (PA) 1990 (natty)
    North Alabama 1985 (natty)

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

2010 Montana State game. At Montana State. That clock could not run fast enough for those bobcats to get off the field. Beat their ass so bad they bought out their trip to Fargo. I never seen a team fold that bad. No one wanted to tackle DJ at the end of the game. They just watched him take it to the house.

42-17 on the road with a Jose Mohler int.
    Last edited by scottietohottie; 03-26-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Lardsin must go!