Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Craig Smith headed to Utah State

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Craig Smith headed to Utah State

According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN and then another tweet stating multiple sources have confirmed it, it appears Craig Smith is headed to the Mountain West. At this point I just wonder if any of his recruits/current players follow him there.

Default Re: Craig Smith headed to Utah State

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN and then another tweet stating multiple sources have confirmed it, it appears Craig Smith is headed to the Mountain West. At this point I just wonder if any of his recruits/current players follow him there.
    Not surprising......Bono (SDSU wrestling), Craig Smith apparently; if Otzellberger (SDSU basketball ) is smart, he'll get out while he's still a relatively hot commodity.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Not surprising......Bono (SDSU wrestling), Craig Smith apparently; if Otzellberger (SDSU basketball ) is smart, he'll get out while he's still a relatively hot commodity.
    Otzelberger has at least another year of high end results especially if Daum returns ... I suspect he wants a P5 or near P5 opportunity (Iowa State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, Creighton) before he looks to leave. He's bought himself some time and can remain in Brookings for awhile if he so chooses. He just had another child so stability might be in the cards for him.

Jesus Christ had to perform some miracles before most people bought in, no way Mylo Hatzenbuehler is going straight to a good high major from Brookings.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Official now if you really need more evidence:

https://twitter.com/USUBasketball/st...96439544586241

It will be official when Craig takes his second wife.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Jesus Christ had to perform some miracles before most people bought in, no way Mylo Hatzenbuehler is going straight to a good high major from Brookings.
    I would suggest looking at his background. If he keeps Daum around and at least two of his RS freshman gel he could win over 30 next year. His connections are pretty solid, he was considered one of the nations top recruiters prior to coming to SDSU. Not sure about a P5, but a Big East job? Marquette or the like, yes. A P5 like Iowa State? Yes. He will need to win a game or two in the NCAA tournament for that to happen. He seems to be a pretty patient guy, he will leave when the time is right, I highly doubt he will be leaving for a job like USU or Ohio.

Otz will cash in on Daum after next year, especially if he can win a game or two in the tournament.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Otz will cash in on Daum after next year, especially if he can win a game or two in the tournament.
    Yeah I think with everything he has coming back it would be hard to take on a new rebuilding project that isn't at a higher level school. The big names that I believe are still open would be Pitt, Rhode Island and Drake (Also Louisville but that's a disaster at the moment). Pitt or Rhode Island would definitely be a step up in pay division, Drake I just don't think would be a big enough jump for him to make the move. The teams also would have to have interest, gotta think Moser from Loyola-Chicago is going to be on a short list for a few places after this run but will be interesting to see if he's looking to make a move or not.