This is a 2018 Outdoor Cross Country comment ...

Too bad Kelby Anderson did not get an at-large bid to go to the National Cross Country meet.
She finished Top 10 in the Midwest Regional, which apparently was not good enough.
Good thing is that she is a sophomore - she will get another shot, and assuming she gets stronger/faster/better, she has a good shot at making it in the future.

If anyone understands how the selection process for Cross Country works, could you post something here.
My understanding is that there are teams that qualify for the NCAA nationals (so a lot of athletes that finished lower than Shelby got to go), and there are individuals from the other teams that get invited based on personal performance. I don't know how many regions there are in Cross-Country - there is simply West and East in Track and Field, but Cross Country might be different - and I don't know what the criteria is for individuals to get selected. I did not spend a huge amount of time trying to find information on this, but I spent some and could not find anything.

Last - Northern Arizona won the men's NCAA title in Division I. Nice to see a school that is FCS in football win it all, rather than the more usual win by a 'big' school.