Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Preview

Default Re: 2018-2019 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    If they're smart they will make Reader an offer, I think it will keep some stability in their program. The other Big Question is how many recruits will de-commit from SDSU with Bono's departure?
    Alex Lloyd's dad said he was still comitted to SDSU, but that was just before the official announcement dropped.

Big question will be Peyton Robb. Wisconsin already has Wick, so maybe Robb sticks with SDSU or maybe he gets released and opens it back up.

SDSU, Arkansas Little Rock (new program, will hire a coach soon), Cleveland State, and Michigan are all looking for head coaches. For the 3 smaller schools, hiring an energetic up and coming coach makes a lot of sense. I'm hoping Coach Garnett doesn't apply for those, as I think he'd be a strong candidate for the jobs.

This is what I see happening...

Coach Garnett gets a head coach job somewhere... I think he and Kish see the world through different lenses. If Garnett gets the head job at SDSU, then Coach Nagel is a possibility for the head asst job at SDSU along with Storley.

If Coach Nagel stays he will get the 1st assistant job at NDSU. He will bite his tongue around Kish until the school sends him (Kish) packing. Nagel will get the head job.

If Kish loses both assistants, then he will try to hire a couple former gophers ( Sanders, Thorn, Schlatter, Ness).

Coach Kish has as much trouble keeping assistant coaches as Donald Trump does cabinet members
    Last edited by Loose Lips; 03-24-2018 at 07:08 PM.

If they're smart they will make Reader an offer, I think it will keep some stability in their program. The other Big Question is how many recruits will de-commit from SDSU with Bono's departure?
    I don't see Jon staying SDSU mainly due to the that he is still competing at the international level. He'll probably follow Bono to Wisconsin and help build up their program's Regional Training Center, which now in college wrestling, is a major must and recruiting tool. The RTCs at Penn State and Ohio State are the best in the country and has separated themselves from everyone else.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by harleycowboy View Post
    The only bad I see with this is it furthers the Big 10 and shrinks our conference ( Little 12). Five years ago we looked like we are developing into a stronger program ( it hasn't happened).
    The Big 12 will never be on the Big 10's level. You can combine the rest of the DI conferences and I still don't think they are equal to the Big 10.

With that said, the Big 12 was nearly dead a few years ago, and now is considered the second best conference at the DI level thanks to the merger with the WWC and addition of Fresno State. There are a lot of available young coaches that will find SDSU attractive; I don't think they'll be hurting for long.

As far as our program goes, a lot of work needs to be done ASAP.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The Big 12 will never be on the Big 10's level. You can combine the rest of the DI conferences and I still don't think they are equal to the Big 10.

With that said, the Big 12 was nearly dead a few years ago, and now is considered the second best conference at the DI level thanks to the merger with the WWC and addition of Fresno State. There are a lot of available young coaches that will find SDSU attractive; I don't think they'll be hurting for long.

As far as our program goes, a lot of work needs to be done ASAP.

A big yes to this sentence.

Kish? Needs to go IMO.

His contract is up this year so talk to Jack Maughan with concerns. He is the AD in charge of wrestling and let him know how you feel.

Rumblings are that Connor Brown is transferring to Wisconsin to follow Bono. If true, SDSU would have to replace 5 starters and there head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Rumblings are that Connor Brown is transferring to Wisconsin to follow Bono. If true, SDSU would have to replace 5 starters and there head coach.
    I spoke to a few coaches from the KC-MO Side of the state last weekend and the consensus is that they're 90-95% sure Brown will be packing his bags and heading to Wisconsin. With Brown being an Oak Grove, MO native I figured they would have a pretty good idea if he was going to be moving on from SDSU or not.

I spoke to a few coaches from the KC-MO Side of the state last weekend and the consensus is that they're 90-95% sure Brown will be packing his bags and heading to Wisconsin. With Brown being an Oak Grove, MO native I figured they would have a pretty good idea if he was going to be moving on from SDSU or not.
    I'm concerned this is true. I've also been told he's had folks at SDSU who have been through this situation, like Mike Daum, visit with him about waiting until the new coach is hired to make any decisions. I've also been told it's just as likely he lands at Missouri vs. Wisconsin. So I don't think anything has been decided yet.

What are the Bison fans thoughts about the potential coaching candidates that according to FLO are interviewing at SDSU this week. Any insight or favorites (or someone you wouldn't want to see coaching your rival)? I'm very pleased with the quality of candidates.

Ryan Morningstar, Iowa
    Damian Hahn, Cornell
    Alex Clemsen, Missouri
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.