Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2018-2019 Preview

Default Re: 2018-2019 Preview

I don't know Clemsen, but I'm sure Gladiator Dad has the info on him.

Hahn would be a slam dunk IMO. He's a great wrestler, very respected, can (theoretically) pull high quality kids from the east coast, and I think there are only a few jobs he would really want (MN, Cornell, Wisconsin, maybe some Iowa schools) that could lure him away down the road.

Morningstar....incredibly boring wrestler but gets good reviews for being Iowa's recruiting guy. He's young and with his recruiting chops, I think he'd be alright. I question how much impact he actually has on bringing top talent to Iowa, simply because they're Iowa and top wrestling talent often wants to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    I don't know Clemsen, but I'm sure Gladiator Dad has the info on him.

Hahn would be a slam dunk IMO. He's a great wrestler, very respected, can (theoretically) pull high quality kids from the east coast, and I think there are only a few jobs he would really want (MN, Cornell, Wisconsin, maybe some Iowa schools) that could lure him away down the road.

Morningstar....incredibly boring wrestler but gets good reviews for being Iowa's recruiting guy. He's young and with his recruiting chops, I think he'd be alright. I question how much impact he actually has on bringing top talent to Iowa, simply because they're Iowa and top wrestling talent often wants to go there.
    Clemsen is a pretty good guy, he actually tried to recruit Clay to UVA while he was an assistant there.

http://mutigers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=980&path=wrestling

He's from Moberly, MO and wrestled for Edinboro in College. He did a short stent at Oregon St prior to going to UVA as an Assistant. He then left UVA and has been at Mizzou the last few years. It would be interesting to see how he would do at SDSU although I'm a little surprised that he would want to leave Mizzou since he's close to home now for both him and his wife. They have some younger kids and I had always heard that he came to MIzzou to be closer to family.

I saw on Coach G's Twitter that Anthony Robles was in town working out with the guys. You're a bigger Bison wrestling fan than I am if you can identify all of the guys in this picture.