Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9-21-wtf....?

Default 9-21-wtf....?

Is it to much to ask for Walsted to try to win a few games and at least attempt to try to be close to being a .500 team, apparently it is.............AND two of those wins counted were against Minnesota Morris and Mayville State!!! Are you kidding me- We are a Division I program....I don't want to hear you guys cover for her again with the usual excuses-She needs more time to turn it around, Sarah Jacobson and the next recruit will fix it all, or Fargo is a tough place to sell to a recruit, or the girls are still learning the system.........Why can UND, SDSU and USD win every year, and go way above .500 every year being located in comparable cities and the same size schools with campuses not even as great as ours-recruiting from the same talent pool and playing in the same conference, except for UND (Big Sky). If our football team did this bad every year or our mens basketball team did this bad-THE COACH WOULD BE FIRED!!!

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 9-21-wtf....?

Quote Originally Posted by HimOleChief View Post
    Is it to much to ask for Walsted to try to win a few games and at least attempt to try to be close to being a .500 team, apparently it is.............AND two of those wins counted were against Minnesota Morris and Mayville State!!! Are you kidding me- We are a Division I program....I don't want to hear you guys cover for her again with the usual excuses-She needs more time to turn it around, Sarah Jacobson and the next recruit will fix it all, or Fargo is a tough place to sell to a recruit, or the girls are still learning the system.........Why can UND, SDSU and USD win every year, and go way above .500 every year being located in comparable cities and the same size schools with campuses not even as great as ours-recruiting from the same talent pool and playing in the same conference, except for UND (Big Sky). If our football team did this bad every year or our mens basketball team did this bad-THE COACH WOULD BE FIRED!!!
    There was no need to start another new thread. Look at the next thread. Also, you have stated nothing new, look at the next thread. It has already been said there.

Quote Originally Posted by HimOleChief View Post
    don't forget huge wins against dakota state and valley city state.

She has great facilities, full cost of attendance, a history (that has faded), and has built a dog shit program.

I mean gee fuckin whizz. We're competing with Brookings, Vermilion, and Grand fuckin Forks. They are all shittier versions of Fargo.

Walseth should be fired like yesterday. Didn't think it was possible to go downhill from DeHoff but she's an achiever and did it!!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

5-21 is more like it. just like NDSU men were really 12-17

matt larson is a wimp , we all see it.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

2-13 vs conference opponents (including the Summit Tournament loss).

Average score in these 13 losses: 63-80.

The only 2 conference wins were against the 4-24 Lady Mastodons of IPFW.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

http://www.inforum.com/sports/441937...ison-athletics
    Walseth and NDSU finalized a six-year contract in November of 2014 that was signed by former women's athletic director Lynn Dorn and current university president Dean Bresciani. There may be a lesson there. At the time, it was the longest term contract by any NDSU coach in history until football coach Chris Klieman signed a six-year extension in January of 2016. That came after his second straight national title.
    I was shocked when I saw in the other thread here that Walseth got a sweetheart 6 year deal, and now that Kolpack lays it out like this it really pisses me off that they gave an unproven, unknown 6 frickin years. NDSU needs to hire back Dorn just so they can fire her ass. I don't get it, what was Bresciani and Gene Taylor thinking? Yes, Dave Richman has some work to do, but he's not even in the same league of suck that Walseth is. Not even close. Richman only got a 5 year deal, how is this possible to Walseth's 6 years? Neither were HC's prior, but Richman had Miles and Phillips in his corner, and I'm sure their input was highly regarded by Taylor. Kolpack mentions Walseth's pedigree as an assistant. Don't know why that would impress anyone. I asked my girl Shania Twain, she said that don't impress me much. It's not hard to win when you're Penn State and in the Big Ten. Richman accomplished more as an assistant at mid-major NDSU where it's harder to win at, then Walseth as an assistant at Penn State with all of their built in advantages. Richman got screwed on this deal.

What trusted source was blowing smoke up Dorn's rear about Walseth that wowed NDSU enough to sign her up for 6 years? I'm not even upset that they hired her, because who knows what will happen, and to be honest it sounded like a good hire at the time. But this is why you don't sign someone like this up for 6 years!

What extent does Larsen play in all this? Walseth was hired in April, Gene Taylor leaves in June, and this 6 year contract is finalized according to Kolpack in November. Richman was hired a week before Walseth from what I can see. I'm beginning to suspect that Larsen didn't have much, if any say in this.

6 years, I just don't get it. If anyone deserves a six year contract it's the Softball coach Mueller. You know, because he's proven it, year after year.

Kind of wonder if Dorn made the hiring process more difficult than it needed to be, you don't give an inexperienced head coach that kind of deal unless you have backed yourself into a corner.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

if they put together another ooc schedule like this year to throw a smoke screen over this mess, the ad should fire coach immediately. There's no way to hide incompetence when league starts. I don't see any magic with this staff or team. There wasnt even a plan in place to flatten out, coach and teach at this level by redshirting some of these players. And to treat Taylor like this is shameful in her senior season. Coach is so uninspiring its ridicules. I knew something was amiss when she got NO transfers from her any bench players from Penn State, or any of her recruiting contacts when she was there. No one likes this woman.... a horrible people person, and terrible coach.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/sports/441937...ison-athletics

I was shocked when I saw in the other thread here that Walseth got a sweetheart 6 year deal, and now that Kolpack lays it out like this it really pisses me off that they gave an unproven, unknown 6 frickin years. NDSU needs to hire back Dorn just so they can fire her ass. I don't get it, what was Bresciani and Gene Taylor thinking? Yes, Dave Richman has some work to do, but he's not even in the same league of suck that Walseth is. Not even close. Richman only got a 5 year deal, how is this possible to Walseth's 6 years? Neither were HC's prior, but Richman had Miles and Phillips in his corner, and I'm sure their input was highly regarded by Taylor. Kolpack mentions Walseth's pedigree as an assistant. Don't know why that would impress anyone. I asked my girl Shania Twain, she said that don't impress me much. It's not hard to win when you're Penn State and in the Big Ten. Richman accomplished more as an assistant at mid-major NDSU where it's harder to win at, then Walseth as an assistant at Penn State with all of their built in advantages. Richman got screwed on this deal.

What trusted source was blowing smoke up Dorn's rear about Walseth that wowed NDSU enough to sign her up for 6 years? I'm not even upset that they hired her, because who knows what will happen, and to be honest it sounded like a good hire at the time. But this is why you don't sign someone like this up for 6 years!

What extent does Larsen play in all this? Walseth was hired in April, Gene Taylor leaves in June, and this 6 year contract is finalized according to Kolpack in November. Richman was hired a week before Walseth from what I can see. I'm beginning to suspect that Larsen didn't have much, if any say in this.

6 years, I just don't get it. If anyone deserves a six year contract it's the Softball coach Mueller. You know, because he's proven it, year after year.
    Darren Mueller wins the conference year after year, makes the NCAA tournament year after year, wins playoff games regularly, and brought us go what amounts to the D1 Sweet 16. He does this despite having garbage facilities and softball starts when it's snowing and the players couldn't practice outside. Then we got the bubble. He also didn't have tools like full cost of attendance.

Mueller also recruits nationally from California to Florida because that's where the talent is. Walseth gets D2 talent from ND.

Mueller should get a lifetime contract

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com