Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Delaware - Sept 22 2018

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Delaware - Sept 22 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Delaware should be a formidable opponent. Bring back a lot and should be a playoff team this season. May compete for a seed.
    Not so sure. Teams that play the Bison tend to be beaten up after the game and it affects their remaining season.

(This usually results in fans of other schools noting that we played them during "an off year".)
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    Yep, you're right. Still excited for our trio though, and the entire D as a whole.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just don’t see a close game here, fellas. I doubt they find the endzone twice, and might move the ball a bit as the defense still works to mesh. But the O will control the clock, and ram the ball down their throats. 35-13 after the third, and Kleiman graciously puts in the backups.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If UD is rebuilding their D-line, then this is going to be a blowout.

This one just might be tougher than some folks think. Last year their defense was #15 in total defense and #10 in scoring defense at 16.8 points per game. Everything that I have read says their defense is supposed to be improved this year. I do find it interesting that they are getting several FBS transfers.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think they throw the ball well enough to keep us honest. Last year as a team they threw for 1,369 yards 12 TDs and 9 interceptions. Both guys return in JP Caruso and Joe Walker. They also have added Darius Wade from Boston College as a transfer. I just think it's going to take a more than their average of 124 passing yards a game to beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    This one just might be tougher than some folks think. Last year their defense was #15 in total defense and #10 in scoring defense at 16.8 points per game. Everything that I have read says their defense is supposed to be improved this year. I do find it interesting that they are getting several FBS transfers.
    They did lose their anchor of a nose tackle (who is currently in an NFL camp). From what I understand he was one of those guys who just swallowed up blockers allowing their LBs to run and make plays.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm done playing the prediction game with some of these out of conference opponents. I thought we would walk all over Chuck South a couple of years ago and those guys surprised the heck out of me...took the Bison to OT, yikes. I mean, obviously I like our chances against anyone especially at home, but with us being the Super Bowl game of everyone the Bison play we know we'll get their best shot.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Delaware will be the best defensive team we play at home this year. Offense, not so much. They lost to JMU last year in a tough game 20-10 and JMU had a fumble recovery TD. I watched that game and Delaware matched up physically with the Dukes but they had no passing game whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Delaware will be the best defensive team we play at home this year. Offense, not so much. They lost to JMU last year in a tough game 20-10 and JMU had a fumble recovery TD. I watched that game and Delaware matched up physically with the Dukes but they had no passing game whatsoever.
    I think it is going to be a slobber knocker.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix