Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
I agree with this a lot. THe funny part...and again, we basically agree...we beat a team 38-7, their lone TD was against rookies on a jump ball....fluke TD. So our "lackluster" effort was damn near a shutout. Sports is all about motivation. Just like when we play "up." You always hope they take us lightly. Human nature. Not coaches, but players. At some point, we kill everyone. THat can and has to be difficult...to always be "up" for a big game. No question we have some unreal depth and jobs are at stake. Going to be a fun game. They have some skill talent, just like North ALabama did. I bet a lot of team would love to not look sharp and totally kick the shit out of someone. That isn't easy to do in college football. Look at the Big Ten games last year....it is hard to win in college football when one team is really motivated. Plus, I think UNA was very well coached. That guy was impressive post game. He gets it.
Speaking of jobs at stake, I want to see our receivers fight for the ball like single women do with a bouquet at a wedding reception. Urzendowski and Vraa were pretty good at this, however many of the younger guys over the past few seasons are dropping the ball if the defender simply whacks their hand/arms immediately after the catch. With as little as NDSU throws the ball, the players have to take advantage any time that ball is coming at them.