Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Brackets

Default Re: NCAA Brackets

Cam gets ridden out and loses 2-1 in double OT.

He has a great path in the wrestlebacks. I'll be disappointed if he isn't in the round of 12 and needing 1 win to become an All American.

Ream got upset by Fox 4 to 2. It looks like Fogerty hasn't jumped a level because he got majored by Valencia who he beat earlier in the year. Still have a chance for an all American but it doesn't look likely.

Not surprised Ream lost.

Hard to get AA for this group of Bison.

I had to head back to work, so I missed the last two matches. Not surprised either guy lost, but it isn't a dream killer for either.

Fox has beaten Ream the last 3 times they wrestled and Fox was an AA last year. Whoever won that match was very likely going to get crushed by Michael Kemerer in the next round and head to wrestlebacks anyway. I had Clay winning that one and then losing, while I had Fox losing to Clay and still being 1 match away from AAing again, so there is still a path to AA status. Clay will likely have to get through: Coleman Hammond (beat Clay earlier this year even though Clay put on a TD clininc), #12 Mitch Finesilver, #13 Luke Zilverberg (Clay is 2-0 vs him, although Heffernan or Early could easily make it here), and then probably Micah Jordan to become an All American. It would be great if Jordan lost his next one to Marcus Schiedel of Columbia, but I don't see that happening. Still, great path to the R12 and once there, anything can happen (just ask former NDSU AA Trent Sprenkle and 2 time NCAA champ Matt McDonough).

For Fogarty, he'll probably wind up with a path of May Bethea, #16 Jon Jay Chavez, Jon Viuret (big upset over Rogers in rd 1)/Drew Daniels, and then Richie Lewis in the rd 12 to AA. Those are all very winnable matches until the r12, with him being no worse than 50-50 in any of them. If he gets by Bethea, I think he makes a run to the r12.

For Cam, things have broken PERFECTLY. His path is Keener (Cam wins if he can keep it even on his feet. Fleetwood is Cam's teammate now and is Keener's former practice partner, so the scouting report should be very dialed in), Montoya (Cam teched him in the 1st period, and it's possible Montoya beats unseeded Wilson to advance to the QF), Scott Delvecchio/#15 Bryan Lantry, and then Austin Desanto/Jack Mueller in the R12 to AA. I favor Cam in every match until the r12, so long as Montoya loses to Wilson this round. As an NDSU fan, I realllllllllllllllly want Wilson to advance to the quarterfinals, so Cam gets Montoya again. His match vs Keener actually might be the toughest on the path.

Bianchi has Michael McGhee of Old Dominion. I penciled this in as a win for Bianchi before the tourney, but McGhee looked very good in rd 1 and I don't think Paul wins it.

Not the start that we hoped for, but three of the four Bison have very reasonable paths to get to the blood round. In order of likelihood, I'd put it: Sykora, Fogarty, Ream, simply because Clay will have to go through several comparable top 10ish talents.

Things could go south in a hurry, but I have faith that tonight's session goes great and we have 3 guys alive.

So I missed one big thing with Clay's path...#2 seed Joey Lavalle lost in rd 1, so Clay would likely have the winner of unseeded Kennedy Monday and #15 seed John Van Brill to AA....That is huuuuuuge. If Clay wrestles like he is capable of, he will AA

O shut people talk about wrestling?

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    O shut people talk about wrestling?
    Still hurting from this morning?

Hail the BISON!!!

Kish needs to go. Always seems we come out flat when it matters most.

If Sykora gets by Keener, he'll have Montoya, who he teched in the first period.

Bianchi coming up on 1