Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Brackets

Default Re: NCAA Brackets

Trails 2-1 after 2 periods

Fogarty gets dominated and loses 6-1

NDSU is done

Don't get me wrong, I love Kish. I think he would be a great fit in Wisconsin. The success he had as a wrestler in the big 10 combined with the results he has achieved here prove that he is WAY over qualified for the job in Fargo.

What success has he had?

He has recruited 0 All-Americans.
    He was 1-7 in the Big 12 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by stickboy View Post
    What success has he had?

Another year and no one comes close to AA status.

Can Kish find "Steven Monk" type wrestlers?

To me we have been disappointing at Nationals for 3 straight years. Should we change coaches? I don't know if we can get anyone better? I am hoping our young wrestlers develop but it is questionable from looking at our performance during the last 3 years. Zillmer not improving his senior year, Rodriquez I thought would be an all American but wasn't. Last 2 years I thought Ream had a good chance to all American but did not come close. Fogerty, Sykora, and Bianche could have done better.

I agree that something needs to change and the U of Wisconsin would be a good place for him. Better yet if Bono would get the Wisconsin job and we could send Kish to South Dakota. Then we would get back to kicking their behinds. Garnet and Nagel could take over and we would be fine.

I'm really disappointed with the results from NCAAs and the season as a whole. The guys went 3-8 at the NCAA tournament, and that is poor by any stretch/objective measurement. We also won only 1 Big12 dual all year, while offering up far too many flat/inconsistent performances.

It is even more frustrating seeing SDSU have Gross in the semifinals, plus Kocer, Zilverberg, and Rotert all one win away from becoming All Americans. Our rivals to the south are better than us in every facet on the mat. They're more aggressive, more talented, and better coached than NDSU.

I'm not sure what needs to change or what to expect next year. We lose our best wrestler in Ream and one of our best/most consistent starters in Gliva. I have high hopes for Van Maanen, Shearer, Metz, and Franek, but they will be freshman and will struggle at times.

Luke Zilverberg is an All American for SDSU and Gross is a finalist. I'm happy for Zilverberg and will be pulling for Kocer as well
    Last edited by Big Bird; 03-18-2018 at 04:39 PM.