Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Brackets

Default NCAA Brackets

They're here: https://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/defa...ng_d1_2018.pdf

All I could do was laugh when I saw 157 and 165. Clay is in the same quad as Paul Fox, Cole Hammond, and Michael Kemerer. Andrew has Anthony Valencia in the first round. It's like these were hand-picked to maximize our challenge.

Default Re: NCAA Brackets

157 is some completely nonsensical BS and I'm really pissed off about the terrible job they did with the seeding throughout the brackets.

Michael Kemerer the 6 seed??? He has 1 f$%king loss and he was winning when he got pinned! So got it...recent results matter a ton...except the guy who pinned Kemerer is seeded #7 after he just f$%king pinned him AND after he had a great year?!?! There is no other way to slice it, Clay is in the absolute toughest portion of ANY bracket and to AA will take a herculean effort, especially since most of it will likely be in the consolation portion of the bracket. Realllllllllllllly pisses me off that Luke Zilverberg is in great position at #13 and Archie Colgan is in an amazing position to AA as the #9. Tyler Berger did NOTHING to earn a #8 seed this year. Realllllllllllllly pisses me off how they were so inconsistent in leveraging recent results and sustained excellence over the season.

At 165, Branson Ashworth is the 14 seed....and lost to Andrew Fogarty in the B12 and placed behind him in the tournament??? Dumb. T'eshan Campbell at #13? He has had an atrocious 2nd half of the season and placed 9TH PLACE IN HIS CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT! Alex Miranelli at the 5 seed? Yeah, I mean he was the 6th best guy at the B1G tournament, but makes sense....complete f'ing BS

Other two guys, Bianchi won't beat Hayes, but I think he can beat McGee in his 2nd match.

I like Cam's spot. We get the battle of the Cam's in the pigtail round! I think our Cam wins and then faces All American Scotty Parker...who I think is very beatable. After that, he would have Corey Keener if he loses, who I think he beats. If he beats Parker, he'd have Dom Forys who handled him in the dual. I think Cam can do better though.

174...Mark Hall is the undefeated reigning national champion, who wrestles in the best conference in America...and he's the 2 seed because he lost an exhibition match before the season started by 1 point, in a match where they were using experimental rules....

ACC got EVERY benefit of the doubt with pretty much every weight.

If Clay wins in rd 1 vs Fox (who has been a bad match up for him) and then loses to Kemerer, the path I see him having to navigate to AA is doable: Ian Brown, Andrew Crone, Archie Colgan (I think he beats Berger easily to make the quarters).

At least Clay has a good track record against former All-Americans at this tournament.

When Fogarty wrestles Valencia, it would make a good drinking game to take a shot each time Kish says "I don't gotta chase him.".

For what it's worth, here is how I have each Bison doing:
    Bianchi 1-2: Lose vs #12 Hayes, Win vs Unseeded (US) McGee, lose vs #11 Russell.
    Sykora 3-2 r16: Win vs US Kelly, lose vs #6 Parker, win vs US Keener (former teammate of Fleetwood, so Cam should be ready), win vs #11 Terao, lose vs US Jason Renteria.
    Ream 5-3 6th: Win vs US Fox, Lose vs #6 Kemerer, win vs US Brown, win vs US Short, win vs #9 Colgan, win vs #4 Shields (beaten him before), lose vs #7 Jordan, lose vs #1 Hidlay.
    Fogarty 2-2: Lose vs #15 Valencia, win vs US Bethea, win vs #16 Chavez, lose vs #8 Rogers.

This is pretty homerish, but a couple points. Bianchi should beat McGee. Sykora has a bunch of winnable matches in the consolations if he loses to Parker. Terao is highly thought of, but I've never been overly impressed. I don't see how Clay gets by Kemerer as long as Kemerer is healthy. In the consolations, they're all tough matchups but I'd slightly favor Clay over all of the guys I have in his path. Should Clay lose to Fox in round 1 for a third time, it's not the end of the world. I have Fox going on a run to the r16 before losing to Zilverberg. We know Clay can beat Z, and then he would have #2 Lavalle IMO (I have him getting upset) to AA. Fogarty is the most likely to go 0-2 IMO. May Bethea is good, So are Finesilver and Wolf, who are the other two guys he would face if he lost his opener. If he gets by them, I actually feel very confident he would beat Chavez.

With my predictions for every single weight class, but no bonus points factored in, I have NDSU in 26th place with 12.5 points.

Gladiator Dad, were Kyle or Dan selected to be alternates at there weights? TR Foley said that if guys don't make weight before session 1, default before the tournament start, etc, that there would be individual replacements on hand to fill those spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Gladiator Dad, were Kyle or Dan selected to be alternates at there weights? TR Foley said that if guys don't make weight before session 1, default before the tournament start, etc, that there would be individual replacements on hand to fill those spots.

I know for sure that Kyle wasn't selected as an alternate. This one goes to show you how screwed up the committee actually was this year. They selected Gavin Londoff from App St. as the alternate. I know Gavin very well since he went to HS with Clay and he's a great kid but there's no way his resume from this year even comes close to matching Kyle's and Londoff didn't even earn an AQ spot for the SOCON. (although he did take his finals match to SV1)

I am not a 100% but I did not hear anything saying that Big Dan was selected as an alternate. I'm sure if he was I would have heard something about him being selected.

Marcus Harrington is the alternate at Heavyweight.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBison View Post
    Marcus Harrington is the alternate at Heavyweight.
    Well, at least they got that one right

Wrestling starts at 11am http://www.espn.com/watch/search/201...20Wrestling%20

Cam will be up right away

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Wrestling starts at 11am http://www.espn.com/watch/search/201...20Wrestling%20

Cam will be up right away
    It looks like Cam in on Mat 2 and Bianchi is on deck on Mat 8. I hope my stream starts soon.