Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Richman, Save Program

Default Re: Fire Richman, Save Program

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Translated........Matt Larson has no balls and never will.
    Kinda discouraging, isn't it. I hope you're wrong about Larson and I'm wrong about how it plays out.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Kinda discouraging, isn't it. I hope I'm wrong.
    What I am worried about is Matt Larson bad enough to eventually drag the football program down?

Quote Originally Posted by Binmaster87 View Post
    If your promoted to manager at your job. And you have garbage employees but do nothing about it other then say gee I didn't hire them so it's not my problem. Shouldn't your boss/board tell your ass goodbye ?
    What is supposed to do? Fire Richman the season where he finished second in the league or the year prior where he lost in the SL title game?

This is really the time for him to step up to plate, he can make a change and nobody will question him.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

What I am worried about is Matt Larson bad enough to eventually drag the football program down?
    Had not thought of that. Facilities is going in the right direction. I guess one test would be who is hired if Klieman leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Had not thought of that. Facilities is going in the right direction. I guess one test would be who is hired if Klieman leaves.
    Of the state schools we have a crappy venue at the SHAC. And a temporary bubble for a indoor practice facility. I think there is still room for improvement.

Of the state schools we have a crappy venue at the SHAC. And a temporary bubble for a indoor practice facility. I think there is still room for improvement.
    I think the SHAC is okay. And if it's full and we're winning, it would be awesome. Upgrades at the dome have been good too. Locker rooms are great. And I've seen/heard rumblings that a practice facility is likely the next big thing. Of course, I'd prefer that a 35K seat stadium be the next big thing. Then maybe I could get tickets.

Matt Larson is a good AD. He gives the coaches the tools to be successful. Whether it's FCOA, fundraising, and new facilities for all the the teams including softball.

The coaches are the ones who can't get the job done.

Outside of football, track and field, and softball the state of our Athletic department had been pretty mediocre lately.. Seems like the more tools they get, the worse they perform

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I've been there a few times. But I'm short. I noticed plenty of leg room at the summit league venue.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Matt Larson is a good AD. He gives the coaches the tools to be successful. Whether it's FCOA, fundraising, and new facilities for all the the teams including softball.

The coaches are the ones who can't get the job done.

Outside of football, track and field, and softball the state of our Athletic department had been pretty mediocre lately.. Seems like the more tools they get, the worse they perform
    I think that's a good reminder about FCOA and fundraising. These are successes of Larson's, and we were the envy of our class in many respects. But then basketball season comes along, midnight strikes, and we have to rush out of the ballroom as our carriage is turning back into a pumpkin.

Hmm. I just listened to the SDSU AD during the USD-Denver halftime show. His men's and women's teams going to the finals. Lots of neat facilities improvements in the books and on the drawing board. Good stuff happening there. As a university, our academic standing and research output is better than the other 3 dakota schools. We should be unsurpassed in athletics as well. Matt Larson has his work cut out for him. I just wouldn't know if he's inclined to make bold moves or conservatively sit back and hope for the best in basketball.