Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Richman, Save Program

Default Re: Fire Richman, Save Program

AD Larson do your job and get it done!!!!! This team is closer to the dumpster fire that is our womens program than it is being what we expect as fans and boosters. You are paid to make the tough decisions, DO IT.

A coach is not like the guy in the commercial, a dental monitor. They get paid good money to recruit, develop, inspire and win. Football is proof. Having said that , it's interesting most top football programs suck at basketball. I certainly don't know why.

Looking at the few who are willing to post here the status "losing" quo seems to not care. But, then Richman has done his best to drive fans away.

So I'm fairly new here so I realize I don't have much credibility but could someone explain this to me ?? Isn't the athletic director also at fault here ? I mean say it backwards and its director of athletics aka manager ? I mean if I'm a poor manager of my employees surly I'd be shown the door... But instead he has allowed women's basketball to continue to be the bottom feeders of the league ( remember when we went to watch the women and stay for the men's cuz we didn't want to go home ) And now seemingly instead of attempting to fix the clear issues that we can all see he has rolled in the big 20ft roll off so both basketball programs can have a dumpster fire together. Richman is making just shy of 200k bet a lot of up and coming guys would move for that kind of money pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    There really should be just 1 thread demanding the firing of both Richman and Wolseth. Combining those two in same thread with hundreds of posts may, just may, get some NDSU athletic’s attention and the media’s. Team Makers want a change in the direction of our BB programs!! It’s embarrassing and I don’t normally spend money on embarrassing/crappy product or goods. I try to buy quality!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am with you on this time for both to go
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Binmaster87 View Post
    So I'm fairly new here so I realize I don't have much credibility but could someone explain this to me ?? Isn't the athletic director also at fault here ? I mean say it backwards and its director of athletics aka manager ? I mean if I'm a poor manager of my employees surly I'd be shown the door... But instead he has allowed women's basketball to continue to be the bottom feeders of the league ( remember when we went to watch the women and stay for the men's cuz we didn't want to go home ) And now seemingly instead of attempting to fix the clear issues that we can all see he has rolled in the big 20ft roll off so both basketball programs can have a dumpster fire together. Richman is making just shy of 200k bet a lot of up and coming guys would move for that kind of money pretty quick.
    Matt Larson is not a get it done type of guy. Apparently just happy to be an AD at a State school that had a great football program well before he got here. No actions to move things forward anywhere else that already wasn't in motion before he got here.

Quote Originally Posted by Binmaster87 View Post
    What is he at fault for? Neither were his hire but they are definitely his problem now, how he handles this will be a big point in career here. First time he has to handle some real adversity.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    What is he at fault for? Neither were his hire but they are definitely his problem now, how he handles this will be a big point in career here. First time he has to handle some real adversity.
    I predict he will give Richman next year and possibly the year after, while publicly declaring he has expectations for improvement. That way, he defers for the time being any tough decisions having to be made. If Richman somehow turns it around, then Larson looks very good for his patience and seeing over the horizon. If not, then it really isn't a very tough decision at that point. The down side is that there will literally be no one left who cares or has hope about the BB program.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I predict he will give Richman next year and possibly the year after, while publicly declaring he has expectations for improvement. That way, he defers for the time being any tough decisions having to be made. If Richman somehow turns it around, then Larson looks very good for his patience and seeing over the horizon. If not, then it really isn't a very tough decision at that point. The down side is that there will literally be no one left who cares or has hope about the BB program.
    Translated........Matt Larson has no balls and never will.

If your promoted to manager at your job. And you have garbage employees but do nothing about it other then say gee I didn't hire them so it's not my problem. Shouldn't your boss/board tell your ass goodbye ?