Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Richman, Save Program

Default Re: Fire Richman, Save Program

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I'd count last year as a half year. They started so hot and went in to absolute freefall mode. I have no inside information but there is definitely smoke with all of the locker room stuff from Carlin to Kabellis to Samuelson. Couple all of that with no signature victories and I have to put at least a share of the weak schedule on him. All of it adds up to underwhelming. Bringing in a new coach will probably set the program back a bit, but it doesn't make sense to have a bad year next year and then make the change and have to suffer an additional year. All the while losing more and more fan interest. If it were up to me, bye bye Dave.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Beating Misery State this year could be considered a signature victory.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coach Richman will not be fired and he should not be at this time. One down year is not cause to lose your job. Yes, the Bison coaching staff and players underachieved this year and had a sub .500 record. There are starting to be questions about the caliber of recruits, but there's another class coming in and it's too early to evaluate. If this continues for another year then the talk is justified. NDSU has been and still has one of the top programs in the Summit, one that has had success and one with great students and people. It is ridiculous to try and justify the firing of the coach at this time. Every other team in the Summit, other than SDSU, has not approached the level of success that the Bison have had over the past four years. Quit the whining, it isn't going to happen and nor should it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Coach Richman will not be fired and he should not be at this time. One down year is not cause to lose your job. Yes, the Bison coaching staff and players underachieved this year and had a sub .500 record. There are starting to be questions about the caliber of recruits, but there's another class coming in and it's too early to evaluate. If this continues for another year then the talk is justified. NDSU has been and still has one of the top programs in the Summit, one that has had success and one with great students and people. It is ridiculous to try and justify the firing of the coach at this time. Every other team in the Summit, other than SDSU, has not approached the level of success that the Bison have had over the past four years. Quit the whining, it isn't going to happen and nor should it.
    I would argue its 2 down years. Remember how last year ended? I think it could be argued he should be given another year or not.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Beating Misery State this year could be considered a signature victory.
    I hope we aren't considering a win over a MVC team that went 18-15 this year as a signature victory.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I hope we aren't considering a win over a MVC team that went 18-15 this year as a signature victory.
    damn...in football, a win over a ranked team or a reigning conference champion is considered signature.

in basketball, we're talking about beating a fellow conference foes bball team as a signature win

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I said could be. Depends on how desperate you are.

Missouri State was playing on Thursday at the MVC tournament and they just fired their coach, yeah lets not call that signature win. The fact we are even talking about that echos how low things have sunk with the program, scratching at the bottom of the MVC dumpster to find a signature win.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Good programs have consistency. The Bison football team exemplifies the attributes required to build a team that can win from one year to the next. Players want to come hear because there is hope for them to grow, develop and contribute. Basketball at NDSU is not presenting the same vision to all parties concerned. Leadership needs to understand what is missing and take appropriate action, or everyone is stuck with the consequences.

I think we all agree there are some major changes that need to happen. Sure DR isn't dealing with a full deck but part of that is on him for recruiting. Next guy need to be more of a recruiter or more of an X's and O's guy? Still waiting to hear some names as possible replacement for DR thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    I think we all agree there are some major changes that need to happen. Sure DR isn't dealing with a full deck but part of that is on him for recruiting. Next guy need to be more of a recruiter or more of an X's and O's guy? Still waiting to hear some names as possible replacement for DR thrown out.
    Ben Johnson Minnesota, Kenya Hunter Nebraska, Dane Fife Michigan State(probably a big stretch) and Darrin Horn Texas are all some interesting assistants to look at.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.