Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Richman, Save Program

Default Re: Fire Richman, Save Program

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    My guess is Richman gets one more season to show improvement. And there is zero chance we are a better team next year compared to this year. Zero. I hope Geu and Ward can ride out the storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Problem with this is that you burn a year of the time at NDSU. I don't disagree that it wont happen, but it should not happen.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Should Bisonville send emails to AD Larsen about our feeling with both BB programs? We are fans and want what is best for the school and the players that come here to play. Right now we are nowhere near giving the coaches they deserve for BB.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Should Bisonville send emails to AD Larsen about our feeling with both BB programs? We are fans and want what is best for the school and the players that come here to play. Right now we are nowhere near giving the coaches they deserve for BB.
    I suspect some may have already done that. Just don't expect it to influence his decision to any degree.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    My guess is Richman gets one more season to show improvement.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is no improvement that will convince me that the guy can recruit or coach.

There is no way we fire him.

I'm scared to death he somehow wins two games next March and we give him a five year extension.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    What is he at fault for? Neither were his hire but they are definitely his problem now, how he handles this will be a big point in career here. First time he has to handle some real adversity.
    Just because he didn't hire them doesn't me he isn't on the hook to fix the problems. Do your job Matt!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    He is probably reading this thread right now.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

why is NDSU the Land of Mediocrity all of a sudden? the Basketball team as a Mid Major that's been to Big Dance 3 times in 8 years & got a ton of National attention recently should be held to a higher standard and this shouldn't be tolerated.

L.A & Dex ran this team in Dave's first year, Dex & Paul Miller inside-outside game helped last year, but nothing this year nor anything set up for next season .

Why is NDSU going to risk wasting 1 year ? that's what it is if we let a lame duck coach go.

Quick Fix: throw $400k/year at Tom Crean 50 years old former Indiana/Marquette coach. who cares if he is only 1 year. He would bring in some grad transfers/juco's and lets go !
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    He is probably reading this thread right now.

I hope so..... Time for change is now. Get to the NCAA tourney and find your next head coach or look to see who lost in conference finals.

Yes, theres no way theyre letting him go after one down season.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Yes, theres no way theyre letting him go after one down season.
    I'd count last year as a half year. They started so hot and went in to absolute freefall mode. I have no inside information but there is definitely smoke with all of the locker room stuff from Carlin to Kabellis to Samuelson. Couple all of that with no signature victories and I have to put at least a share of the weak schedule on him. All of it adds up to underwhelming. Bringing in a new coach will probably set the program back a bit, but it doesn't make sense to have a bad year next year and then make the change and have to suffer an additional year. All the while losing more and more fan interest. If it were up to me, bye bye Dave.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk