Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Richman, Save Program

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fire Richman, Save Program

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    @bold: A coach who wins consistently, has a fun squad to watch play and fills the SHAC maybe??????
    no, where do the funds come from??

Whats the answer to finding the finds to get a 300K coach, if you read the line before the bolded you would understand

I am all for getting this type of coach

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    no, where do the funds come from??

Whats the answer to finding the finds to get a 300K coach, if you read the line before the bolded you would understand

I am all for getting this type of coach
    @bold AGAIN--> I'll spell it out for you bit more--If we were to get/have what I suggested, you would have/get the funds, no question about it. Heck, just filling the SHAC would likely get you the funds, and having contract with incentives of winning summit league, winning NCAA tourney game, etc., would be icing on the salary.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

@bold AGAIN--> I'll spell it out for you bit more--If we were to get/have what I suggested, you would have/get the funds, no question about it. Heck, just filling the SHAC would likely get you the funds, and having contract with incentives of winning summit league, winning NCAA tourney game, etc., would be icing on the salary.
    Doing a quick count if there are 3,000 season ticket holders for Mens BB. tickets sales and associated Team Makers fee would be near $800,000. That sure looks like you could pay a good coach and his staff. Yes, I know there are other costs. But with all this comes for ticket sales, more concession sales, more merchandise and more interest in fans and students for the team. Money just starts rolling in like it does for football.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Doing a quick count if there are 3,000 season ticket holders for Mens BB. tickets sales and associated Team Makers fee would be near $800,000. That sure looks like you could pay a good coach and his staff. Yes, I know there are other costs. But with all this comes for ticket sales, more concession sales, more merchandise and more interest in fans and students for the team. Money just starts rolling in like it does for football.
    Thank you for getting my point and buttressing with numbers. Think if we filled SHAC every game, or get close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I apologize, in your first response I mis understood what you meant

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thank you for getting my point and buttressing with numbers. Think if we filled SHAC every game, or get close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This should be one of Matt Larson's top priorities. If you look at revenue growth potential in NDSU athletics right now, men's basketball is at the top of the heap. The upgrades to the SHAC alone aren't going to put bodies in seats. The product on the court has to draw the fans in. Make it happen and the NDSU fan base will be there.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    This should be one of Matt Larson's top priorities. If you look at revenue growth potential in NDSU athletics right now, men's basketball is at the top of the heap. The upgrades to the SHAC alone aren't going to put bodies in seats. The product on the court has to draw the fans in. Make it happen and the NDSU fan base will be there.
    This. Exactly This. Revenue for Football is reaching diminishing returns territory. Largest untapped potential is Men's Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Anyone know Dave’s conference W-L record? Head to head vs other schools?
    40-22 I believe

As I posted earlier with some numbers for revenue of the good crowd at the SHAC. Pres B and AD Larsen need to be taking a serious look at this. IMO I do not see Dave changing his ways of how he approaches a game plan or even handles his players. And before any one thinks I think the players should be handles with kids gloves and treated like snowflakes that is far from the truth. My favorite coach of all time is Bobby Knight. That was a different time and things are different now. The other night was a prime example as SDSU was on a run on us and the game was getting out of control and Dave appeared unwilling to call timeout to calm his players down and get the refocused. Adjustments not made until halftime seems to be the norm. Odd rotations (at least from us fan) of players. Dave is what he is and I do not see that changing. If he does not have the right players for what he wants to do, that is on him and his staff. They recruited them. If it is do to player development, well that is on both coaches and players. If players are not doing what they need to do, then get rid of them and find a player that will do what is needed of him. I have no examples of that last statement nor do I believe it either. The bottom line is it is time to make a change and the potential of excitement of the programs will turn the other way. I am excited for next season as it does appear there is some talent coming in and we do have some guys now that have the talent as well. Can the coaches get more out of them to be that top team in the SL or are we stuck being in the lower half of the league? Rise to the top of the Summit. Go Bison.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

http://gobison.com/news/2018/3/9/nds...ight-year.aspx

I'm all for a better caliber of basketball. These attendance stats surprised me.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.