Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Fire Richman, Save Program

Default Re: Fire Richman, Save Program

For all the Deng Geu lovers out there he is going to have to play big minutes next year, Richmond will not no other choice to put in there!!!

Hopefully some of the freshman step up as play makers and rebounders as we are going to need it looking at our returning roster.

Any early guesses on who our leading scorer and/or rebounder will be?

I have no inside information but I have a feeling that Shahid and Cook maybe starters for us by the end of next year. Also, I think we may try to play a little smaller on the court than normal as we don't have many bigs to begin with. Hopefully Eady and Kreuser can take big steps forward next year.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    maybe this is the turning point we need, been looking at the incoming kids look like we snagged some ballers, get some bad seeds out, start fresh. Hope DR can snag a good transfer if there are so many out there
    Totally agree.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    For all the Deng Geu lovers out there he is going to have to play big minutes next year, Richmond will not no other choice to put in there!!!

Hopefully some of the freshman step up as play makers and rebounders as we are going to need it looking at our returning roster.

I have no inside information but I have a feeling that Shahid and Cook maybe starters for us by the end of next year. Also, I think we may try to play a little smaller on the court than normal as we don't have many bigs to begin with. Hopefully Eady and Kreuser can take big steps forward next year.
    It wouldn't surprise me to see Tyson Ward lead both of these categories however if we get Deng the extended minutes we've been hoping for he showed some flashes of being an aggressive rebounder and Eady, Cook and Shahid can all score the basketball so it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me to see Tyson Ward lead both of these categories however if we get Deng the extended minutes we've been hoping for he showed some flashes of being an aggressive rebounder and Eady, Cook and Shahid can all score the basketball so it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
    He definitely could but he is also probably going to be pulling the other teams best defender and he has a tendency to get very frustrated and show it. If he can learn to mentally stay in the game and each and every play he will benefit tremendously from it and be able to take the next step.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post

I'm not counting on it. I thought this to myself every single game from mid-season and on...Richman HAS to leave Deng in. But nope.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Dave should have been using this past season to get Deng and Rocky as many minutes as possible.

Deng needs more minutes, but he also needs to get better and be more consistent regardless of the minutes he's getting. Dude reminds me of Andrew Wiggins in regards to his size and athletic ability and not understanding how to do something simple like get a rebound. No basketball IQ whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Deng needs more minutes, but he also needs to get better and be more consistent regardless of the minutes he's getting. Dude reminds me of Andrew Wiggins in regards to his size and athletic ability and not understanding how to do something simple like get a rebound. No basketball IQ whatsoever.
    That's also on Dave. It's called coaching. Quite frankly this is our biggest issue and I don't see it getting better. I hope any new players are already studs!

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    That's also on Dave. It's called coaching. Quite frankly this is our biggest issue and I don't see it getting better. I hope any new players are already studs!
    So very very true! +1

Reminder, Dave is toast if he does not have a good year. I've had to continually remind a good friend of mine this fact who wants him gone yesterday. He is currently a lame duck coach and has to know another season without progress will seal his fate.