Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Dave!

Default Re: Fire Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Which is a case in point example of why many of us have zero confidence or excitement about b-ball next year. What about the last three years would lead anyone to believe that Dylan Miller magically develops any sort of inside game?
    His lack of development either means it's a skill, will, or develop issue.

Tons of skill and no will? Tons of skill but no development plan? Tons of will but he's just not very skilled? No skill or will? Or worse case no skill, will, or coaching?

If he's not talented, that's on Dave for recruiting. If he's not developing his game that could be on both.

Either way need to figure this shit out. He has to be a key player next year and the clock is ticking. Would love to see him go out with a bang

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like Dave he is a North Dakota kid and works hard

BUT I was at the game against SDSU and it honestly looked like he and the rest of the team had decided to quit trying before the game even started.

Can someone explain to me why Dylan Miller didnt play more minutes????That guy can dunk and finish!!! While Eilason can't finish well at all.

Also why does Quayle even play?!?!? Everytime he gets the ball he doesnt even look at the basket just looks around the court for the next person to pass to.

And Ky left this team..... Dave talks about bringing in guys with the "right fit" "bison culture" well then why did you bring Ky for him to leave.......

erplay development needs to improve also.

I am giving Richman one more year to turn it around or he is gone. NDSU basketball is better than this Wood Winks LA Braun Dex we need another one of those players in recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Probably has been said already but before Saul left he talk about how Richman balanced him out. It made the team better that someone wouldn't go along with everything Saul said and would sometimes keep him in check. I don't think Richman has that in his assistant coaches. I think they either all go along with whatever is happening or Richman doesn't give a shit about what they say. Either way the outcome is lack of adjustments and frustrating game play that even the players are hating. The conclusion is that Richman is unable to lead this team and should be replaced.
    You mentioned how according to Saul, Richman balanced him out; in other words, gave a conflicting view, perhaps. I was sitting two rows behind the Bison bench during the Fort Wayne game. Something had happened on the flour; Richman was standing on the flour speaking to the official about a call. Evidently, Asst. HC Jaden Olson said something, to which Richman turned around and said directly to Olson, and I quote, "KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!" I heard it and Bison fans sitting beside, in front of, and behind me, heard it. WTH !! What's this all about? I don't know what Olson said, but.......Really.......is this the way the HC responds to his top assistant? Don't know what kind of relationship those two have, but it was embarrassing to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    You mentioned how according to Saul, Richman balanced him out; in other words, gave a conflicting view, perhaps. I was sitting two rows behind the Bison bench during the Fort Wayne game. Something had happened on the flour; Richman was standing on the flour speaking to the official about a call. Evidently, Asst. HC Jaden Olson said something, to which Richman turned around and said directly to Olson, and I quote, "KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!" I heard it and Bison fans sitting beside, in front of, and behind me, heard it. WTH !! What's this all about? I don't know what Olson said, but.......Really.......is this the way the HC responds to his top assistant? Don't know what kind of relationship those two have, but it was embarrassing to hear.
    I'm not sure if this is really true or not, but that's pretty bad for a HC to call an AC out in public like that. You don't like something you handle it behind doors. I have no idea but your HC does not seem to have great relationships with people around him. He's had a few players leave, he lost an assistant to SDSU, he's calling his AC out in public like that, and I don't get a fuzzy vibe from the players towards him. How did the seniors address him at Senior day? That is pretty telling of what players in the program collectively think of a HC. How was the seniors pulled from the final second of the SDSU game interact with the coach when they came off the floor for the last time? Was their any interaction?

Dylan miller doesn’t play and that’s a good thing.... he had. A few dunks but his work ethic is awful... no hustle no drive and why Spencer played.... AJ getting so many minutes is the truly baffling thing in many games he produced zero

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    I like Dave he is a North Dakota kid and works hard

BUT I was at the game against SDSU and it honestly looked like he and the rest of the team had decided to quit trying before the game even started.

Can someone explain to me why Dylan Miller didnt play more minutes????That guy can dunk and finish!!! While Eilason can't finish well at all.

Also why does Quayle even play?!?!? Everytime he gets the ball he doesnt even look at the basket just looks around the court for the next person to pass to.

And Ky left this team..... Dave talks about bringing in guys with the "right fit" "bison culture" well then why did you bring Ky for him to leave.......

erplay development needs to improve also.

I am giving Richman one more year to turn it around or he is gone. NDSU basketball is better than this Wood Winks LA Braun Dex we need another one of those players in recruiting.
    Quayle was brought in to fill the holes left by Clements, Ishola, and Khy leaving. I always thought he had a short leash if he shot. That might explain never looking at the hoop.

Dylan . . . There are reasons he was on the bench. He could dunk once every couple of games if someone fell asleep but he isn't the greatest rebounder, defender, paint protector, or offensive threat. I was really hoping he would develop, he had the size coming in but I haven't seen any progress since his freshman year.

If he could just be a big hustle guy he would be so valuable.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The severity of this would depend on what Jaden said and who he said it to. It’s a head coaches job to work the officials.

If you didn't hear what was said you probably shouldn't bring it up. Maybe JO was giving the ref some crap and Dave didn't want a TF on him. Yeah sometimes you have to say STFU!

Dave isn't going to be fired this year, as much as some of us may want him gone immediately. He has a year to get this program back to respectability or the whole staff is gone. I sure hope Eady and the rest of the new comers are as good as some think but time will tell. I have little faith that this staff can develop talent or win big games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    If you didn't hear what was said you probably shouldn't bring it up. Maybe JO was giving the ref some crap and Dave didn't want a TF on him. Yeah sometimes you have to say STFU!

Dave isn't going to be fired this year, as much as some of us may want him gone immediately. He has a year to get this program back to respectability or the whole staff is gone. I sure hope Eady and the rest of the new comers are as good as some think but time will tell. I have little faith that this staff can develop talent or win big games.
    I know what I heard DR say as did the fans sitting around me......I don't speak with forked tongue, Kemo Sabe.......as I said in my post, I don't know what Olson said. I know what DR said and , YYYEEEESSSSS ..... I was embarrassed as were others around me, to hear this exchange between coaches. That's it, I'm done.

I know what I heard DR say as did the fans sitting around me......I don't speak with forked tongue, Kemo Sabe.......as I said in my post, I don't know what Olson said. I know what DR said and , YYYEEEESSSSS ..... I was embarrassed as were others around me, to hear this exchange between coaches. That's it, I'm done.
    Hey dipshit you don’t know what Olson said.... it may have been the perfect response from Richman