Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Dave!

Default Re: Fire Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Coach Richman will not be fired and he should not be at this time. One down year is not cause to lose your job. Yes, the Bison coaching staff and players underachieved this year and had a sub .500 record. There are starting to be questions about the caliber of recruits, but there's another class coming in and it's too early to evaluate. If this continues for another year then the talk is justified. NDSU has been and still has one of the top programs in the Summit, one that has had success and one with great students and people. It is ridiculous to try and justify the firing of the coach at this time. Every other team in the Summit, other than SDSU, has not approached the level of success that the Bison have had over the past four years. Quit the whining, it isn't going to happen and nor should it.
    Tell that to the empty SHAC next year. It is not whining when a very large % of the people on here see it.

@redriver....what's ridiculous is people claiming he shouldn't be fired after 'one bad year'. If you don't think last year there weren't some issues...you weren't paying attention. And it's not like he's had 15 good years and all the sudden one down year. That's the way you guys are making it sound. Not to mention...we have some serious competency issues here imo. If there is someone here who can explain some of the baffling decisions he makes, maybe you?...I'm all ears.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Tell that to the empty SHAC next year. It is not whining when a very large % of the people on here see it.
    Pretty much all of the Nebraska fans wanted Tim Miles out after last season. He was able to turn that team around and should be considered for COY in the big ten this year.

Not saying Dave doesn't have faults or question marks but rather pointing out that the previous poster may be right about having a bad year, after 4 pretty solid ones.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Two consecutive seasons have ended in completed dumpster fire fashion.
    The team is worse than the sum of its parts.
    Coach is making crazy decisions on playing time.
    Players are not consistently developing
    Coach constantly talks culture, but team has poor unity
    Good Players have left the program
    X’s and O’s Are an area of concern for anyone watching
    Fan support is significantly waning
    Coach has shown little or no ability to change and adapt.
    Talent level lowest since early 2000s, development a factor in that.
    Seems like B.B. isn’t positive; it’s hard, arduous vs. positive and fun

I can’t think of much on the other side of the scale.
    I do like some of the recruits coming in.
    Fans want to get behind this team.
    Coach isn’t a bad guy

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    For the record...Taylor Braun is from Newberg, Oregon.

That is all...
    Kory Brown - Hoffman Estates, Ill.
    Lawrence Alexander - Peoria, Ill.
    Taylor Braun - Newberg, Ore
    TrayVonn Wright - Waterloo, Iowa

That is called recruiting a much larger area. And not only did we dig deep to find the players, we did a hell of a job developing them.

Speaking of player development...
    You take a guy like Ben Woodside. The guy had a weak jump shot when he came here and by the time he was done, it was his strength. Same with Dex who was raw but developed some incredible footwork.

Seems like some of our players just never got a whole lot better and took their game to the next level, which is the only way we are going to be succesful

And I'm not saying to not recruit ND/SD/MN/WI... but I get this vibe like we're limiting ourselves to those states, even during the down years of talent. You don't see guys like Dex come out of ND every year. And if you can't get a Bjorkland or Winkelman, you can't just grab the next best guy because they are close to home.

On the positive side, Cameron Hunter and Tyson Ward have some great upside but they need to have an epic offseason.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Two consecutive seasons have ended in completed dumpster fire fashion.
    The team is worse than the sum of its parts.
    Coach is making crazy decisions on playing time.
    Players are not consistently developing
    Coach constantly talks culture, but team has poor unity
    Good Players have left the program
    X’s and O’s Are an area of concern for anyone watching
    Fan support is significantly waning
    Coach has shown little or no ability to change and adapt.
    Talent level lowest since early 2000s, development a factor in that.

I can’t think of much on the other side of the scale.
    I do like some of the recruits coming in.
    I would also add in suspect recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Pretty much all of the Nebraska fans wanted Tim Miles out after last season. He was able to turn that team around and should be considered for COY in the big ten this year.

Not saying Dave doesn't have faults or question marks but rather pointing out that the previous poster may be right about having a bad year, after 4 pretty solid ones.
    The difference is Miles has a track record of success. DR's first head job and he isn't cutting it.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fire him.....

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Coach Richman will not be fired and he should not be at this time. One down year is not cause to lose your job. Yes, the Bison coaching staff and players underachieved this year and had a sub .500 record. There are starting to be questions about the caliber of recruits, but there's another class coming in and it's too early to evaluate. If this continues for another year then the talk is justified. NDSU has been and still has one of the top programs in the Summit, one that has had success and one with great students and people. It is ridiculous to try and justify the firing of the coach at this time. Every other team in the Summit, other than SDSU, has not approached the level of success that the Bison have had over the past four years. Quit the whining, it isn't going to happen and nor should it.

Some of my concerns are just how bad he is against good non-conference teams, if we play a great team or even a very a solid team we are almost at a point where we aren't even competitive. I posted Richman's margin of defeat against top 100 teams and it was damn near 20 points, Saul's was just under 8 points. I'm at a point where I'm not sure if Dave's system is capable of beating a legit team. Any game against a great team basically involves us trying to get into a rock fight, if the other team is on we have zero chance.

His best team was carried by LA who was basically the team's James Harden. Since his teams have become steadily worse, as I posted before Dave is 9-17 against top 200 teams over the past two years. Since we upset SDSU in the Summit tournament the big wins are very lacking and like I said before are non-existent outside of conference play.

Now he is at the end of his deal, you can let him be a lame duck but that isn't a good place to recruit from. I guess my main point is I've watched the guy coach for four years and nothing at all really stands out, he seems like a guy that was cut out to be a good assistant at this level and that is about it.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    This article was just posted moments ago.

Dave says he's looking for "Bison Guys" to join the team. These are presumably young men with good attitudes who will be content with the coaching staff's inexplicable player rotations and who won't quit the team even after the coaches appear to quit on them.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/441360...lp-next-season
    Guys who arent tough?