Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Dave!

Default Re: Fire Dave!

No excuses can be made for this team or this coaching staff this year. I'm fine with giving him one more year to straighten it out but it wouldn't upset me either if Larsen decides to part ways with him. For the 2nd straight year his team failed to even show up in a Summit League Tournament game (at least this year they waited until the 2nd game to do it). There's been a lack of player development from this staff over the last few years and the difference makers that Saul's staff recruited like Dex and Paul Miller are now all gone.

I say give him one more year and he better get the most he can get out of guys like Ward, Geu, and Hunter so they compete with SDSU/USD down in Sioux Falls next year. If not, it's definitely time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    No excuses can be made for this team or this coaching staff this year. I'm fine with giving him one more year to straighten it out but it wouldn't upset me either if Larsen decides to part ways with him. For the 2nd straight year his team failed to even show up in a Summit League Tournament game (at least this year they waited until the 2nd game to do it). There's been a lack of player development from this staff over the last few years and the difference makers that Saul's staff recruited like Dex and Paul Miller are now all gone.

I say give him one more year and he better get the most he can get out of guys like Ward, Geu, and Hunter so they compete with SDSU/USD down in Sioux Falls next year. If not, it's definitely time to move on.
    Feel the same way. All the players you mentioned need to have huge off seasons. We also need Dylan Miller to develop some post moves and footwork resembling Dex or Bjorkland. And Medinger needs to have a 2 year plan.The clock starts now. They have 9 months to work on it.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 03-07-2018 at 04:54 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Again, you are only using one year as the trend, that being this year. If this continues for more than a year then yes the coach has to be looked at. I do have concerns about the quality of recruits the past few years, however with basketball you can turn that around with one class. I don't know who they all are yet or how this year's recruits will perform next fall. If we hit a home run the program will be trending up again.
    We are not talking about one year!!!!!! This year and last year makes two years. Not to mention the players leaving. I can handle down years this is much more than that!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Feel the same way. All the players you mentioned need to have huge off seasons. We also need Dylan Miller to develop some post moves and footwork resembling Dex or Bjorkland. And Medinger needs to have a 2 year plan.The clock starts now. They have 9 months to work on it.
    Which is a case in point example of why many of us have zero confidence or excitement about b-ball next year. What about the last three years would lead anyone to believe that Dylan Miller magically develops any sort of inside game?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Just for comparison purposes... Craig Smith's same tenure at USD

Season..........Overall Record.........Conference..........Conference Finish.........Post Season
    2014–15........17-16.....................9-7.....................T–4th....................... ....
    2015–16........14-18.....................5-11...................8th.......................... .
    2016–17........22-12.....................12-4...................1st ........................... NIT First Round
    2017–18........24-7.......................11-3...................2nd...........................

Not advocating for anything... but USD is very much on an upward trend... where I think the same can't be said for NDSU.
    Look at last night. Down 20 and Smith is working his bench, pressing, and trying anything to scratch back in the game. Players are still in it along with the fans. He finally pulls the plug at the 10 second mark and puts his bench in. DR would have continued to do the things that made him down 20. TIME TO CHANGE!!

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Fire Dave!

Here are the issues from my perspective.

Who has Dave beat since he took over. When we play against teams that are in a big conference we simply don't even show up. How embarrassing was the Xavier game. Good coaches find ways to at least be competitive in those games. We get embarrassed

Second issue is talent. Let's be honest we have plenty of Div 2 and NAIA talent on this team. We do not have a lot of Div 1 athletes plain and simple Watching SDSU and their guards athleticism compared to us is sickening. It's not just Daum. They are better and more athletic across the roster. Why is that? Because our HC has recruited poorly and hasn't developed players. The one kid we have who is athletic the coach has done a piss poor job of developing him. Taking a kid out every time he makes a mistake never works.

Three is coaching. Doing the same thing game in and game out expecting different results doesn't work. We were horrible on defense this year because we weren't athletic enough. So why not try a zone? Duke has been using a zone this year because they had issues with certain players struggling man to man. This is just on example. On offense the pass the ball around the three point line and force a three at the end of the shot clock is so frustrating to watch game in and game out. Wait until next year with no Miller to bail us out. We are going to be so bad on offense next year it's going to be tough to watch.

Last thing is people saying we will be better next year are nuts. This roster just lost their best player and no one to replace him with. We have no inside presence and no post players on the way to make us better. Who's going to play the post for us next year? Who's going to score points for us next year? Seriously who? Freshman?? Lol. Name the last freshman at NDSU that made a serious impact on the offensive end. Doesn't work that way. Not at NDSU but sure seems to work at SDSU. They have had several freshman impact players. Funny how that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Probably has been said already but before Saul left he talk about how Richman balanced him out. It made the team better that someone wouldn't go along with everything Saul said and would sometimes keep him in check. I don't think Richman has that in his assistant coaches. I think they either all go along with whatever is happening or Richman doesn't give a shit about what they say. Either way the outcome is lack of adjustments and frustrating game play that even the players are hating. The conclusion is that Richman is unable to lead this team and should be replaced.

Default Fire Dave!

I think Richman needs a lesson in “Bison Culture”. I also don’t think we should have hired him when he had zero HCing experience. And, in anticipation of someone bringing up Klieman, he had over a decade of significant coaching experience/real decision making positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Again, one down year and you think the world has fallen apart. Thank God we didn't get rid of Saul after those down years. Richman has every right to continue as coach for another year. Projecting where we are going to be next year? Come on, how ridiculous is that? You and others have no idea if there will be any other recruits or transfer signed or what impact those recruits that are already signed will have. We all know basketball is the sport where 1 or 2 players can make a championship run. It was a disappointing year for Coach Richman and the team and I hope that it is not repeated again next year and if it is then further evaluation of the program is then warranted. But not after one sub .500 year.
    I don't think he would be getting fired because of one season, it would a culmination of things over his career that show he isn't capable of taking the program where it needs to go.

If this same season plays out next year there should be no evaluating anything, he should be fired.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

so day 2 and nothing huh? 12-17 was NDSU's D1 basketball record this year . 12-19 in last 31. 4 wins vs 300+ RPI teams makes 8-19.

8-19 uncalled for.

Geu will transfer.
    Hunter/Tyson Ward have to be thinking about it.

NDSU AD has no balls, neither does NDSU admin in general, this is how programs fall into the abyss.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?