Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Dave!

Default Re: Fire Dave!

This article was just posted moments ago.

Dave says he's looking for "Bison Guys" to join the team. These are presumably young men with good attitudes who will be content with the coaching staff's inexplicable player rotations and who won't quit the team even after the coaches appear to quit on them.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/441360...lp-next-season
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

I remember going from football games directly to watch basketball. People standing out talking about football and basketball was great. Lots of younger kids attending. Now I cant get anyone to go watch the shit show we have with me. From screwing up building the SHAC to watching the weave and casting 3 pointers with 3 left on the shot clock, we are in a sad state called BISON BB. Eat the contracts and move on. Waiting will only hurt attendance more.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post

Dave says he's looking for "Bison Guys" to join the team. These are presumably young men with good attitudes who will be content with the coaching staff's inexplicable player rotations and who won't quit the team even after the coaches appear to quit on them.

Like my last post says...

You only need 5 starters to be good in basketball. FIVE. Go find the players. There are 50 states to recruit from, JUCO's, and transfers. If Dave can't find them, find someone who can.

What is "a Bison guy?" An average talent from ND, MN, or WI? I'll say this... Tray, Korey Brown, LA, and Braun were Bison guys and they were definitely out of our 3 state footprint. Bjorkland was a Minnesota guy but he was also an elite talent.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post

Same old BS and fluff from the coach and media.

Some of our best football players may not have been ideal "Bison guys" but Bohl/Klieman and their staff molded those players into it.

Tired of the culture bullshit, go out and get some guys that can play.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Same old BS and fluff from the coach and media.

Some of our best football players may not have been ideal "Bison guys" but Bohl/Klieman and their staff molded those players into it.

Tired of the culture bullshit, go out and get some guys that can play.
    I assume he wants guys who will bow down to him and not question what he does. Guys he doesn't have to "babysit" so to speak. So if he isn't babysitting guys, and he isn't coaching guys up, and he isn't scheduling better games, what the hell is he being paid to do?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I assume he wants guys who will bow down to him and not question what he does. Guys he doesn't have to "babysit" so to speak. So if he isn't babysitting guys, and he isn't coaching guys up, and he isn't scheduling better games, what the hell is he being paid to do?

Kind of seems that way, we haven't really taken a chance on a basketball recruit in a while...maybe since Flowers.

I don't think we should consistently roll the dice on kids but you have to take a chance or two occasionally.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Kind of seems that way, we haven't really taken a chance on a basketball recruit in a while...maybe since Flowers.

I don't think we should consistently roll the dice on kids but you have to take a chance or two occasionally.
    100% agreed. I'm sure Grayson Allen has been a bit of a pain in the ass for Coach K over the past 4 years, but he makes Duke better. He has done some very boneheaded things but it's clear that he wants to win. Obviously NDSU isn't going to get a player of his caliber but we need to go after some guys that have that competitive bone. Who aren't going to take to losing.

With the culture Dave always talks about... he should be able to keep a couple edgy kids in line

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hate these kind of threads, but Dave has been pretty disappointing. The worst thing about this season is that there isn't anything to look forward to next season. The cupboard is almost empty and there's nothing to show for it. As others have mentioned, Dave isn't recruiting, he isn't developing the recruits he does get, and his game management is inexplicable. Judging from what I saw on TV, about half the season ticket holders didn't appear to bother to show up at most games this year so I would expect sales to plummet. This program is teetering on the edge of irrelevance.

Every coach since Erv Inniger has been stolen away for a better gig (even that clown Ray Giacoletti)... until now.

Can we bring back Tom Billeter?

Are we talking about the AD that showed up at Montana with not a stitch of Bison gear? Not even a Bison tie or lapel pin...