Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Dave!

Default Fire Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Same old BS and fluff from the coach and media.

Some of our best football players may not have been ideal "Bison guys" but Bohl/Klieman and their staff molded those players into it.

Tired of the culture bullshit, go out and get some guys that can play.
    I heard him on his BB radio show a month or so ago talk about how competitive and strong-willed PM was and how he and PM butted heads some and that he had to keep that in check because it wasn’t good for the team or PM, or something to that affect. I was SMH and and RMFEs. The gist was Richman didn’t want any sort of personalities on HIS team. You know, he wants them to be “Bison”, whatever TF that means in Richman’s mind. Why didn’t the media ask him what he means by that over-used (by him) statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fire Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    With the culture Dave always talks about... he should be able to keep a couple edgy kids in line
    GREAT Statement!!

If your culture is so good why CAN'T you handle a player that has issues.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Like my last post says...

You only need 5 starters to be good in basketball. FIVE. Go find the players. There are 50 states to recruit from, JUCO's, and transfers. If Dave can't find them, find someone who can.

What is "a Bison guy?" An average talent from ND, MN, or WI? I'll say this... Tray, Korey Brown, LA, and Braun were Bison guys and they were definitely out of our 3 state footprint. Bjorkland was a Minnesota guy but he was also an elite talent.
    For the record...Taylor Braun is from Newberg, Oregon.

That is all...
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Like my last post says...

You only need 5 starters to be good in basketball. FIVE. Go find the players. There are 50 states to recruit from, JUCO's, and transfers. If Dave can't find them, find someone who can.

What is "a Bison guy?" An average talent from ND, MN, or WI? I'll say this... Tray, Korey Brown, LA, and Braun were Bison guys and they were definitely out of our 3 state footprint. Bjorkland was a Minnesota guy but he was also an elite talent.
    Yep, successful college basketball coaches get the players. If you don't, your not going to be around long!

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

HOW BOUT THIS....

WHY DOES GOOD OL RICHMAN DECLINE other POST SEASON TOURNAMENTS If don't qualify for NCAA

can't you get better with post season practices-----see FOOTBALL

can't you motivate players to improve

can't you improve chemistry

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    HOW BOUT THIS....

WHY DOES GOOD OL RICHMAN DECLINE other POST SEASON TOURNAMENTS If don't qualify for NCAA

can't you get better with post season practices-----see FOOTBALL

can't you motivate players to improve

can't you improve chemistry
    He generally uses injuries as an excuse to play in them. Plus I think most of the time the team is tired of him. But yes there is value for extra practices and game time.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Question for those wanting a change? (Im uncertain right now personally, highly doubt a change will be made this season though) Who should be on ML's short list. Are there guys who you would like to see specifically get a look or is it as simple as just wanting a change?

Very likely USD will be looking for a new coach following this season. Smith has a very good shot at the CSU job and quite frankly id be surprised if he doesn't get it. SDSU will likely be looking for a new coach after next season. Cant imagine TJ wont try to capitalize off of Daum and the teams success.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Question for those wanting a change? (Im uncertain right now personally, highly doubt a change will be made this season though) Who should be on ML's short list. Are there guys who you would like to see specifically get a look or is it as simple as just wanting a change?

Very likely USD will be looking for a new coach following this season. Smith has a very good shot at the CSU job and quite frankly id be surprised if he doesn't get it. SDSU will likely be looking for a new coach after next season. Cant imagine TJ wont try to capitalize off of Daum and the teams success.
    As AD he better have a short list for every head coaching position at NDSU. Some covet Chad Walthall at Moorhead State.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coach Richman will not be fired and he should not be at this time. One down year is not cause to lose your job. Yes, the Bison coaching staff and players underachieved this year and had a sub .500 record. There are starting to be questions about the caliber of recruits, but there's another class coming in and it's too early to evaluate. If this continues for another year then the talk is justified. NDSU has been and still has one of the top programs in the Summit, one that has had success and one with great students and people. It is ridiculous to try and justify the firing of the coach at this time. Every other team in the Summit, other than SDSU, has not approached the level of success that the Bison have had over the past four years. Quit the whining, it isn't going to happen and nor should it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    As AD he better have a short list for every head coaching position at NDSU. Some covet Chad Walthall at Moorhead State.
    Agreed on ML should always have a short list. Just wondering if people had ideas who they wanted.

Are people okay that Chad went 7-22 with MSUM this season...