Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Dave!

Default Re: Fire Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Nelson????
    Whoops. Smith I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by BAT67 View Post
    In my opinion he and walseth will be here next yr. Assuming they both have buyouts and I doubt ndsu will but them out with one yr. Left on there contracts
    I have to agree, I think we are going to have to suffer with a lame duck coach (or coaches) next year. I can't see them firing when they could just not renew the contract next year. (Just get it done now in my opinion) It is going to set the program back a couple more years though.

Brings the good question up that I need to think about, if we wait until the contract expires and just not renew, how much harm will come from that?

It will hurt recruiting, it will cause another meh year, attendance will drop, put the next coach in a bigger hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    I have to agree, I think we are going to have to suffer with a lame duck coach (or coaches) next year. I can't see them firing when they could just not renew the contract next year. (Just get it done now in my opinion) It is going to set the program back a couple more years though.

Brings the good question up that I need to think about, if we wait until the contract expires and just not renew, how much harm will come from that?

It will hurt recruiting, it will cause another meh year, attendance will drop, put the next coach in a bigger hole.

NDSU NEVER FIRES COACHES its embarassing. NDSU is a lifetime job, academia too!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Need to make the change now and move forward. If recruits leave or current players transfer it give the new staff time to get some players to come in.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

imo this hurt Walseth. Now I have no idea if she's even an okay coach, but I do know she started in a hell of a hole.
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    imo this hurt Walseth. Now I have no idea if she's even an okay coach, but I do know she started in a hell of a hole.
    I would let her contract expire and unless she does something crazy like win 20 games, don't renew. We can afford to have a lame duck season for womens basketball since nobody gives a fuck, buys tickets, or even pays attention. But mens basketball is a revenue sport with big potential so decisions need to be made.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

To be devil's advocate here. How much of this is life as a low/mid-major since this team did almost exactly what we expected them to coming into the year?

My macro expectations for this program, as long as we're in the Summit, are something along the lines of conference semi-finals 4 out of 5 years, conference finals 2 of those 4, a tourney birth 1 of those 2 and a NCAA tourney win something like 1 out of 3 trips. For the most part, that's what we've done, but to everyone's point, we exceeded those with Tim and Saul and are now underachieving with Dave.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    To be devil's advocate here. How much of this is life as a low/mid-major since this team did almost exactly what we expected them to coming into the year?

My macro expectations for this program, as long as we're in the Summit, are something along the lines of conference semi-finals 4 out of 5 years, conference finals 2 of those 4, a tourney birth 1 of those 2 and a NCAA tourney win something like 1 out of 3 trips. For the most part, that's what we've done, but to everyone's point, we exceeded those with Tim and Saul and are now underachieving with Dave.
    Those are not my longterm expectations. I actually and honestly do expect more. I expect that NDSU, certainly while we're in the Summit, should be a league BB powerhouse. I get it that we may have to share that designation with the likes of SDSU and possibly USD. But we should never be beneath them. We should always be in the mix for winning the league outright. At the beginning of the season, we should clean house in the Virgin Islands Mixer, or the Puerto Rico Classic, or whatever. We should figure out a way to get interesting teams scheduled and have signature wins. We should be vying for the NCAA tourney every year and make it there at least every there every other. When we don't make it, we should be seriously looked at for the NIT. We should be a nationally-relevant team. This is what I expect for NDSU.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Those are not my longterm expectations. I actually and honestly do expect more. I expect that NDSU, certainly while we're in the Summit, should be a league BB powerhouse. I get it that we may have to share that designation with the likes of SDSU and possibly USD. But we should never be beneath them. We should always be in the mix for winning the league outright. At the beginning of the season, we should clean house in the Virgin Islands Mixer, or the Puerto Rico Classic, or whatever. We should figure out a way to get interesting teams scheduled and have signature wins. We should be vying for the NCAA tourney every year and make it there at least every there every other. When we don't make it, we should be seriously looked at for the NIT. We should be a nationally-relevant team. This is what I expect for NDSU.
    Absolutely. There is no reason on earth we cannot be as good or better SDSU and USD. We have the facilities, name recognition, and prior success. We should be aiming to be a team closer to UNI. Not a mediocre Summit team that is great every so often. You only need 5 starters to be good in basketball. FIVE. Go find the players. There are 50 states to recruit from, JUCO's, and transfers. If Dave can't find them, find someone who can.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

[QUOTE=WYOBISONMAN;1272322]Well, Basketball has gotten so bad at NDSU that I don't even bother to post anymore. Dave needs to be the hell gone and the AD and Prez need to step up and do it. Basketball used to be damn exciting when I think back to when Tim and Saul held the reigns. Now that excitement is gone. If Larson doesn't have the balls to step up and get this done, then he needs to be gone. What the hell has that guy done anyway? Other that walk around NDSU in Gene Taylor's shoes.[/QUOTE

Larson has done nothing but ride the coat tails of Gene Taylor. He is not walking in Gene's shoes.