• Didn't have them, purchasing

2 2.53%
  • Never had them, not purchasing

27 34.18%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 - 2019 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 - 2019 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Lose the consecutive years points for MBB. I lost those when I dropped WBB several years ago.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    This is interesting. When I first read braves post, I thought no, you don't LOSE points.... & then I read on. This was news to me. Lose the consecutive years points....not a good deal.

The consecutive years rule has been there since they started the points program.

533 In a row

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The consecutive years rule has been there since they started the points program.
    Doesn't make it a good policy. I see why they do it, but it's kind of a kick in the pants to those that support them but may have a circumstance come up. Good thing NDSU doesn't have a fan base where many are in a volatile industry like agriculture...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We use it like a date night as well. It sure was more fun to watch winning though. Seems like a crappy system that takes away points.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Doesn't make it a good policy. I see why they do it, but it's kind of a kick in the pants to those that support them but may have a circumstance come up. Good thing NDSU doesn't have a fan base where many are in a volatile industry like agriculture...

They've been more than accommodating when I contacted them when I needed more time to pay them. They asked me what I could do. I didn't get too extreme though?

Again getting 1 point for paying for in my case 2-3 seats on season tickets that cost $400-$700 (all seats combined) isn't that great of deal. You can get 1 point by donating an extra $50. So for say 20 points (20 years) you do a $1000 cash donation. Whereas spending $8000+ on season tickets nets you the same points but takes you 20 years to do.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They've been more than accommodating when I contacted them when I needed more time to pay them. They asked me what I could do. I didn't get too extreme though?

Again getting 1 point for paying for in my case 2-3 seats on season tickets that cost $400-$700 (all seats combined) isn't that great of deal. You can get 1 point by donating an extra $50. So for say 20 points (20 years) you do a $1000 cash donation. Whereas spending $8000+ on season tickets nets you the same points but takes you 20 years to do.

Well you only get 1 point for the consecutive years but you still get points for each $50 you pay in teammakers fees. So for my 4 seats I have $100/seat obligation, $400/season and I get 9 points a year. 1 for my consecutive years renewal and 8 for the donation portion. I see your point for sure but just wanted to make sure if you have seat obligation amounts you earn more than 1 point each year for your tickets. You also get a point for each consecutive year you make a donation.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't really have a dog in the fight here. Fortunately my mom has season tickets so I get to make it to my fair share of games. The issue I have with it is penalizing for not renewing. I get that shit happens. I like the bonus points for consecutive years, but actually losing points is kind of a bummer. Just MHO.

So this unscientific poll has now been open for a few days. It should be concerning to the Athletic department that 1/3 of your fan base in this poll is not renewing the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So this unscientific poll has now been open for a few days. It should be concerning to the Athletic department that 1/3 of your fan base in this poll is not renewing the product.
    There is some truth in your statement. However the vast majority of basketball fans are not on bisonville. The bigger concern for the athletic department would be getting younger fans there because 1/2 of current season tickets holders could die of old age in the next 10 years.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    There is some truth in your statement. However the vast majority of basketball fans are not on bisonville. The bigger concern for the athletic department would be getting younger fans there because 1/2 of current season tickets holders could die of old age in the next 10 years.
    I would also be worried about the fact that less than 50 students (and that's generous) showed up to the last five or so home games....That is a not a good look at all.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.