• Didn't have them, purchasing

2 2.53%
  • Never had them, not purchasing

27 34.18%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 - 2019 Season Tickets

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 - 2019 Season Tickets

Way too big of a fan not to renew, always in.

Have had them for decades. Not quitting now!

533 In a row

I actually would give up football before basketball. Its dollar and sense thing...but for now renewing all.

I am in for basketball despite this past year and having to drive from Jamestown for all games. I enjoy basketball and hope this team can turn the corner to a kick ass name taking team that the conference hates us because we win to much.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Lose the consecutive years points for MBB. I lost those when I dropped WBB several years ago.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    You are correct. I just talked to Josh and he confirmed it. Sure as heck makes no sense.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You are correct. I just talked to Josh and he confirmed it. Sure as heck makes no sense.
    I always assumed this was a way to incentive continuing season ticket renewals through lean years.

That was my assumption too (keep people buying tickets). At the time I only had about 4 years invested into WBB. Just got too big of drag on the budget (tickets and then when we went to the actual games) to keep doing WBB, but decided we'd keep the MBB as kids leave we'd have something to do! In the end get more points by donating more $ though.

This applies to all sports that sell season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    That was my assumption too (keep people buying tickets). At the time I only had about 4 years invested into WBB. Just got too big of drag on the budget (tickets and then when we went to the actual games) to keep doing WBB, but decided we'd keep the MBB as kids leave we'd have something to do! In the end get more points by donating more $ though.

This applies to all sports that sell season tickets.

Yes. Money trumps loyalty in the current system. Maybe would be nice to see the consecutive years points compound in some way to further reward long time donors and ticket holders. Really like what they've done with the football single game tickets though, so they are making adjustments to the system which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I always assumed this was a way to incentive continuing season ticket renewals through lean years.
    Makes no sense to take away points already accumulated. That would be like donating 1k a year for many years. Then lose all those points when you miss a year.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Makes no sense to take away points already accumulated. That would be like donating 1k a year for many years. Then lose all those points when you miss a year.
    There are points given for consecutive years of donations too. You get to keep all the points tied to the actual $ amount donated but you lose the single points that accumulates each year if you ever skip a year. Seems like a good tool to keep people going year to year but the 1 point per year is probably too small to have a real impact.