2 2.53%
  • Never had them, not purchasing

27 34.18%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 - 2019 Season Tickets

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 - 2019 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I would also be worried about the fact that less than 50 students (and that's generous) showed up to the last five or so home games....That is a not a good look at all.
    Agree. It would help a lot to get a better product on the floor and I'm not necessarily talking about our team. When you looked at our schedule at the beginning of the year, what games excited the normal fan? There were a few outside of the UND and SDSU games but not many. Now look at the home schedule and there are even fewer games to get excited about. I know that Mayville was a late add due to IUPUI dropping, but there were a ton of games at home that are just not really worth watching. Why would people spend time and money coming to those games?

I know it's hard to schedule the bigger teams and I'm sure it's even harder to bring them to Fargo, but the K State game should be a good idea of what would happen attendance wise if we were to get better teams into Fargo more often.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So this unscientific poll has now been open for a few days. It should be concerning to the Athletic department that 1/3 of your fan base in this poll is not renewing the product.
    Really????

Part of the issue with scheduling is our very own league schedules the biggest home game on a weekday during winter break. I mean seriously, there are 8 teams in this league how hard can it be to schedule rivalry games?
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We will be letting our seats go. Couple of reasons. We have young kids and the 7 pm weekday games just don't work. Weekends are better, but a trip or two over the holidays and then a weekend or two at the farm and I think we made it to 2 games as a family and my son and I attended 3 more. We could walk in any game and buy seats this year, so we will be going that route in the future.

Add in that our football seats are getting more expensive (we are on the grandfathered plan and our seat obligation increases $200/year/seat for several more years). The loss of the tax deduction puts more pressure on us as well. Even if we drop our basketball seats, our teammakers obligation will still be higher this year than last. On that note, my wife met with our accountant yesterday and he mentioned that more than one of his clients are deciding not to renew or are reducing the number of tickets due to the new tax code, so there might be an opportunity if you are looking to add or move football seats.

But I think the biggest reason is frustration. And I'm not talking winning percentage. It's style of play and fun. There is no joy on these teams. Dave is so serious, he looks pissed all the time. One example, and I can't remember the game, but Geu made a great screen and role for a dunk and I looked over at Richman and he had this huge scowl on his face. Must not have been the play he called. No high-fives or great jobs! Nothing to rile the fans up and make a great atmosphere. He is a fine coach, no doubt he knows his basketball, but his teams don't seem to have any fun. You can be serious, be a good coach, and still crack a smile once in awhile. Richman is going to have to find a way to connect with the fans or I'm afraid folks are gonna really start turning away, no matter the wins-losses. There will be ups and downs for this program. There were for Miles and Phillips too, but they were entertaining to watch and listen to, even in the tough years so we forgave them. I loved both of those guys. I don't have that same feeling about Dave. Very nice guy, but he's not connecting with me.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

We are not renewing for the following reasons, some mentioned previously:

1. Our home schedule has been poor...The only non-conference games that were attractive were Missouri State and UND
    2. The night games are difficult for the kids
    3. The team has been underwhelming
    4. It's easy to get great tickets to any game we choose
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    We will be letting our seats go. Couple of reasons. We have young kids and the 7 pm weekday games just don't work. Weekends are better, but a trip or two over the holidays and then a weekend or two at the farm and I think we made it to 2 games as a family and my son and I attended 3 more. We could walk in any game and buy seats this year, so we will be going that route in the future.

Add in that our football seats are getting more expensive (we are on the grandfathered plan and our seat obligation increases $200/year/seat for several more years). The loss of the tax deduction puts more pressure on us as well. Even if we drop our basketball seats, our teammakers obligation will still be higher this year than last. On that note, my wife met with our accountant yesterday and he mentioned that more than one of his clients are deciding not to renew or are reducing the number of tickets due to the new tax code, so there might be an opportunity if you are looking to add or move football seats.

But I think the biggest reason is frustration. And I'm not talking winning percentage. It's style of play and fun. There is no joy on these teams. Dave is so serious, he looks pissed all the time. One example, and I can't remember the game, but Geu made a great screen and role for a dunk and I looked over at Richman and he had this huge scowl on his face. Must not have been the play he called. No high-fives or great jobs! Nothing to rile the fans up and make a great atmosphere. He is a fine coach, no doubt he knows his basketball, but his teams don't [B]seem to have any fun. You can be serious, be a good coach, and still crack a smile once in awhile. Richman is going to have to find a way to connect with the fans or I'm afraid folks are [/B]gonna really start turning away, no matter the wins-losses. There will be ups and downs for this program. There were for Miles and Phillips too, but they were entertaining to watch and listen to, even in the tough years so we forgave them. I loved both of those guys. I don't have that same feeling about Dave. Very nice guy, but he's not connecting with me.
    I couldn't agree with you more.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Part of the issue with scheduling is our very own league schedules the biggest home game on a weekday during winter break. I mean seriously, there are 8 teams in this league how hard can it be to schedule rivalry games?
    Why....why do they do this??? It is so stupid.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Default 2018 - 2019 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Why....why do they do this??? It is so stupid.
    You’re assuming they are intelligent, give a fuck and otherwise know what they are doing. I’d suggest not assuming any of those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I would also be worried about the fact that less than 50 students (and that's generous) showed up to the last five or so home games....That is a not a good look at all.
    This was the student section for the UND game. Their turn-out numbers for that game looked pretty good from where I was sitting, and that was a Tuesday night with below zero temps. They were rewarded with a loss, of course.

Obviously UND is a draw for fans. It highlights the importance of having teams on the home schedule that people are interested in. I know the challenges of scheduling those teams. Bribe them, extort them, do what ever you have to. But bring them here. It doesn't even have to be Duke or Louisville. Give me Montana or Grand Canyon. Just not Mayville, Valley City, and Jamestown.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

I jumped in and got tickets the year before the SHAC opened. I didn’t want to get caught in the football situation where success and a new facility led to a waiting list for season tix.

I am being relocated to Minot for roughly 4-6 years thanks to my job. I have been debating on keeping them to ensure I have my seats when I return to Fargo. My thinking was keep them and see if friends/family want a few tix each year. This way I keep the seats, and continue to get the consecutive year ticket holder points. However, my secondary thought is to not renew, and push the money I paid for 2 season tix into just a team maker donation. Still get points that way.

I trust the team success will continue to grow as will the fan base. But I don’t see it being an issue getting new season tickets in 4 years or so based on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk