Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spring Football

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    3 actually... EWU.

We had two in 13' as well, Delaware State and Ferris State. I was thinking in my mind Ferris State was closer than it was (56-10 final score).
    They were actually able to move the ball some. Imo they were better than many FCS teams out there

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not sure what you guys are seeing when you look at those stats. How do you come up with our boys not being a very dominant team? Everyone covets the 2013 team, as do I, but 2017 was right there with them with an absolute ton of injuries to make up for.

For whatever it is worth, I think this 2018 team will be the best when we look back on it. At least it has the makings.
    Insert something clever here...

I think people are forgetting how many close games the Bison have won over the years. It's not like every year before this year they blew out every opponent. 2017 there was 2 games before the NC. TWO where it was tough going. 2013 was a perfect storm with all returning starters and a down MVFC

NDSU just finished arguably their most dominant season in the last 10+ years and they still aren't beating people by enough?

Which game was it where they weren't dominate enough in the 4th? Ill give you the SDSU game. I am calling bs on any other game

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    2013 had two OOC cupcakes as well... in fact one was a D2 team.
    You could also argue that the MVFC was much better in 2017 than in 2013. SDSU was the only other MVFC team in the playoffs and they didn't make it past the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You could also argue that the MVFC was much better in 2017 than in 2013. SDSU was the only other MVFC team in the playoffs and they didn't make it past the second round.
    Agreed, until 2014 the MVFC wasn't any measurably better than the Big Sky, CAA, or SOCON.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think the lack of domination has more to do with the other teams recruiting to beat us like we did with uni. Plus most teams now have strength and conditioning coaches. They saw what it did for us and the followed suit. No huffy puffy in the 4th.
    I agree but I'm not necessarily sold on the premise we haven't been dominating in the 4th quarter recently. I think wearing teams down comes from running the football early in the game as sustaining drives which we did quite well this year. If anything, we scored too fast this year.
    We sure looked good in the 4th quarter vs Iowa when we needed to dominate

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I've probably missed it but when does spring ball begin and end?
    t
    I thought I heard Coach Klieman say that 25 guys were injured and needed off-season surgery (btw, holy carp!) Kind of makes a spring game unlikely.
    Anybody answer Tony's first question?

Time for some football. Basketball sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Anybody answer Tony's first question?
    I think it starts the week of March 19th since winter workouts end this week and next week is Spring break. Spring game should be April 21st but I've been hearing a rumor they may have it on Friday instead of Saturday. And yes a ton of guys have had surgery this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    I think it starts the week of March 19th since winter workouts end this week and next week is Spring break. Spring game should be April 21st but I've been hearing a rumor they may have it on Friday instead of Saturday. And yes a ton of guys have had surgery this off season.
    Friday night lights at Dacotah Field???