Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spring Football

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Well Jeremy Jorgensen thought it was a great idea because fans have their whole weekend left, never mind people have real work hours and what about people who come from 100 plus miles outside of Fargo?
    Gotta agree with you on this one. Saturday is better for the average Joe. So JJ has to work a Saturday....don't care.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I will be hammering the JOOSE if there is tailgating. Maybe try a few different flavors, do my taxes, probably get hungry see what happens.
    Taxes are due a few days before this. More time to drink.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Didn't really put too much thought into it. This is but a microcosm of the larger issue at hand.

I wasn't criticizing your information, nor was I directly attacking you. It just always feels like you are the NDSU apologist that assumes they can do no wrong. If this was a one or two times thing, fine, let it be. The fact is, most of us have noticed a pattern in their "behavior". That is the problem, not you, nor your message.

Isn't it in their best interest financially to limit phone calls? Why, in 2018, with the spread of knowledge we have these days, does someone need to pick up a phone and call to find out a simple question? Again, this is a microcosm of the larger issue. My current business is, right now, trying to automate as many things as possible with our customers so we can limit our phone interactions. It's not because we don't want to talk to people, it's because it makes great financial sense...and people like not having to pick up the phone to call us. Saves EVERYONE time when you can just handle it yourself.

I'm not even planning on going, I just like to call a spade a spade.
    How many people are posting here from a-------freaking PHONE????? I do nothing important over the internet unless Ive had a conversation first .
    Much more can be gleaned from a conversation because of the inflection of speech.

Ive never apologized for NDSU. I have passed on factual information that was given to me. I also have opinions on what NDSU does that has been formulated by information from conversations with people who know more than I do. Thats one of the reasons I dont get my underwear in a bunch when NDSU doesnt or does do something. A lot of that came from??????? Phone calls. If I have a question I make a call. As opposed to making moronic statements and or an uninformed opinion.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 03-29-2018 at 05:04 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

No just saying something as outrageous as having everyone who wants to tailgate make a phone call to whoever they are supposed to contact ????? in order to find out if there is tailgating for the spring game (scrimmage) and what time the lots open.
    I can now see why tailgating is not expanded.......nobody within NDSU gives a shit. Likely the same crowd that still longs for the days of DII. I also don't believe the current AD cares what the fans think about anything. Gene Taylor did.
    Yawn...........
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    Gotta agree with you on this one. Saturday is better for the average Joe. So JJ has to work a Saturday....don't care.

I would not want to work the hours that the staff puts in at the athletic dept. Working weekends and late in to the night is just a given I was told.

Well Jeremy Jorgensen thought it was a great idea because fans have their whole weekend left, never mind people have real work hours and what about people who come from 100 plus miles outside of Fargo?
    I will have to miss this one. I'll miss work to tailgate for a real game but the spring... screw that. I'll just DVR the game, not worth my time

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I do nothing important over the internet unless Ive had a conversation first .
    Much more can be gleaned from a conversation because of the inflection of speech.
    Are we still talking about tailgating hours for the spring game? If so, this statement lacks credulity. You've honestly never attended an event as it was advertised online without verbally confirming the events details over the phone?

If this is true in your case, #1 That's remarkable and #2 that's not the case for the general population in 2018 and thus not a reasonable excuse for failing to advertise tailgating hours in their official online announcement for the 2018 spring game if indeed tailgating is part of the day's events.

How many people are posting here from a-------freaking PHONE????? I do nothing important over the internet unless Ive had a conversation first .

Ive never apologized for NDSU. I have passed on factual information that was given to me. I also have opinions on what NDSU does that has been formulated by information from conversations with people who know more than I do. Thats one of the reasons I dont get my underwear in a bunch when NDSU doesnt or does do something. A lot of that came from??????? Phone calls. If I have a question I make a call. As opposed to making moronic statements and or an uninformed opinion.
    I've been thinking about this. This process works for you. Good for you...absolutely no problem with it. But for me...it makes me think back to previous experience. How many times does it happen that you make a call (or even talk to somebody in person) and get told X. Then later when you want to do X, there is a new person and they say X is not allowed. You can say you talked to somebody, and they will just apologize but say they don't know why the original person told you that. I don't put any stock in phone calls, talking in person. I want things written down...and from the people in charge. Kind of like an official release from the Athletic Dept. At my work if anybody calls me (rare...but some of the people are like PL and start with the phone call) I tell them whatever they tell me over the phone they must include on an email. Anything over the phone will be forgotten. When I have an email, I have a record of what happened if I need it later...and it has happened. I had a high up person at my work that messed up royally and she tried to pin the mistake on me. I had all the emails and was able to show it was her mistake. Couldn't have done that with a phone call.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ive never apologized for NDSU. I have passed on factual information that was given to me.
    Do you? Or do you just ask if people have wasted time out of both their day and the athletic department's day and called them?
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I've been thinking about this. This process works for you. Good for you...absolutely no problem with it. But for me...it makes me think back to previous experience. How many times does it happen that you make a call (or even talk to somebody in person) and get told X. Then later when you want to do X, there is a new person and they say X is not allowed. You can say you talked to somebody, and they will just apologize but say they don't know why the original person told you that. I don't put any stock in phone calls, talking in person. I want things written down...and from the people in charge. Kind of like an official release from the Athletic Dept. At my work if anybody calls me (rare...but some of the people are like PL and start with the phone call) I tell them whatever they tell me over the phone they must include on an email. Anything over the phone will be forgotten. When I have an email, I have a record of what happened if I need it later...and it has happened. I had a high up person at my work that messed up royally and she tried to pin the mistake on me. I had all the emails and was able to show it was her mistake. Couldn't have done that with a phone call.
    BINGO. I always keep a paper trail. This has saved my ass countless times, not to mention it gets people to trust me quite a lot when shit hits the fan because I'm almost always able to back up my statement with cold hard facts.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.