Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spring Football

Default Re: 2018 Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    My uncle mentioned this kid. Said he’s a name to watch for. The kid is a very hard worker and didn’t like the atmosphere at UND. Said it was very lax and wanted to push himself. So he talked to the coaches at NDSU and they obviously liked him.
    There's more to the story than that and that's all I'm going to say. I know Andrew and his story on how he got to where he is. Seriously impressive considering his size and how everyone told him he'd never make it. I can't wait to see what he can bring to the Herd. From what he look like in middle school/early high school to today is quite the transformation. No culture shock for this kid. He's earned his spot and will continue to do so. He'll be one of the hardest workers on the team.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    NDSU ranks in FCS for 2017 season:

• 80th net punting average of 34.79 yards/punt.
    • 114th punt return defense of 12.19 yards/punt.
    • 85th net punt return (we received the punt) of 5.91 yards/punt.
    • 23rd kick-off return (we received the kick) of 22.18 yards/kick.
    • 81st kick-off return defense of 20.95 yards/kick.
    • 1st (tied with 57 other teams) with 0 allowed punt blocks.
    • 28th (tied with around 30 other teams) with 1 blocked punt.
    • 102nd (tied with 16 other teams) with 5 allowed blocked kicks.
    • 55th (tied with 30 other teams) with 2 blocked kicks.
    • 63rd by going 10 for 16 on FGs.

Couldn't find any rankings for PATs.
    Sounds like the Coach TR needs to step up his game....if not mistaken sp is his

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    There's more to the story than that and that's all I'm going to say. I know Andrew and his story on how he got to where he is. Seriously impressive considering his size and how everyone told him he'd never make it. I can't wait to see what he can bring to the Herd. From what he look like in middle school/early high school to today is quite the transformation. No culture shock for this kid. He's earned his spot and will continue to do so. He'll be one of the hardest workers on the team.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Sounds like the Coach TR needs to step up his game....if not mistaken sp is his
    Coach AA handles special teams. I mentioned before that 2 of our weakest areas it seems are WR and ST. Maybe coaching has something to do with it......just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    NDSU ranks in FCS for 2017 season:

• 80th net punting average of 34.79 yards/punt.
    • 114th punt return defense of 12.19 yards/punt.
    • 85th net punt return (we received the punt) of 5.91 yards/punt.
    • 23rd kick-off return (we received the kick) of 22.18 yards/kick.
    • 81st kick-off return defense of 20.95 yards/kick.
    • 1st (tied with 57 other teams) with 0 allowed punt blocks.
    • 28th (tied with around 30 other teams) with 1 blocked punt.
    • 102nd (tied with 16 other teams) with 5 allowed blocked kicks.
    • 55th (tied with 30 other teams) with 2 blocked kicks.
    • 63rd by going 10 for 16 on FGs.

Couldn't find any rankings for PATs.
    If it was any other business in the world I can tell what the solution would be!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Coach AA handles special teams. I mentioned before that 2 of our weakest areas it seems are WR and ST. Maybe coaching has something to do with it......just sayin
    Not defending his coaching abilities one way or another, but coach AA also provides a valuable connection to the pipeline of Florida recruits....just sayin.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    If it was any other business in the world I can tell what the solution would be!!!!
    Would that be realize that your punter got hurt on the first punt resulting in less hang time on the punts? This had a direct effect on expected angle of pursuit by defenders resulting in one of the best punt returners in country breaking a few returns.

Jesus...back away from the cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
    Not defending his coaching abilities one way or another, but coach AA also provides a valuable connection to the pipeline of Florida recruits....just sayin.
    I'd think we've built more connections now then just him but maybe try someone else as ST coach then cause they clearly need to do better there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    Would that be realize that your punter got hurt on the first punt resulting in less hang time on the punts? This had a direct effect on expected angle of pursuit by defenders resulting in one of the best punt returners in country breaking a few returns.

Jesus...back away from the cliff.
    That clearly wasn't the problem the rest of the year or last 2 years for that matter.

When you review the stats posted above in this thread it truly speaks volumes for just how great that defense was last year. Homer or no Homer, with the FCS talent NDSU has on that roster there is NO EXCUSE for the terrible special teams stats. I felt special teams were putrid all year but I never would have guessed actual statistics that ridiculously poor. Coaches think nothing of benching players for shitty reviews, why should they be treated any different? Klieman should sit his coach down and simply state "You have 3 minutes to explain to me WHY you should have a job moving forward?" Or, he could give him a big hug and say "don't worry, things will get better if we just ride it out"!!!! LOL.