Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spring Football

Default Re: 2018 Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Per Coach K on Izzo and Kolpack

Klieman adds 25 guys will not participate in spring football for #NDSU, there will not be a spring game, working on how to end spring ball with live reps for backup QBs.

If that was Klieman decision, I'm cool with it. If it was Matt Larsons, I would be pissed.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default 2018 Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If that was Klieman decision, I'm cool with it. If it was Matt Larsons, I would be pissed.
    C’mon!! You don’t think CK discussed with ML and ML agreed rather than it being his original idea. Good god. We have 7 returning starters on both sides of the ball, a bunch of long seasons in a row (resulting in less workout time) and we need to develop depth for when this SR class graduates. Spring ball/practice can do that, and spring game is meaningless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    C’mon!! You don’t think CK discussed with ML and ML agreed rather than it being his original idea. Good god. We have 7 returning starters on both sides of the ball, a bunch of long seasons in a row (resulting in less workout time) and we need to develop depth for when this SR class graduates. Spring ball/practice can do that, and spring game is meaningless.
    The writing was on the wall when CK mentioned that 25 guys being out of spring ball back in January.

I liked being able to get glimpses of the younger guys potential at the spring game. I can live without it though. Another trip to Frisco will help me forget a missed spring game.

Boo. Sucks. So lets see how this plays out. Apparently most Division I college football teams think the spring game is important.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Boo. Sucks. So lets see how this plays out. Apparently most Division I college football teams think the spring game is important.
    Many skip it. We'll have Spring games scheduled here that get cancelled or at least reduced to a closed thud scrimmage. The availability of linemen is a main factor. If they want to run 2 teams and have 7 healthy linemen it makes no sense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's an understandable decision. Selfishly I hope there's some kind of public exhibition at the end of spring ball so fans can get out and tailgate along with seeing the players get their rings (or empty boxes for the underclassmen) and be able to peruse the vendor expo of Bison paraphernalia.

Maybe a "skills competition"? Football long toss... head-to-head 40 yard dash... lineman punt catching challenge... obstacle course. Would be a waste of a spring practice but the normal spring game is pretty much a waste also.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's very possible. Most scrimmages we work prior to Sorting games have segments of skeleton, individual, 7on7, situations with thud and mice the chains with thud. They could do that and make it public.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Seems like a missed opportunity to me. Gives the younger players an opportunity to get valuable game situation reps and they could certainly sell some tickets/merchandise.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Seems like a missed opportunity to me. Gives the younger players an opportunity to get valuable game situation reps and they could certainly sell some tickets/merchandise.
    you do realize they will still get reps in practice right? that's all the spring game is anyway and open to public practice/scrimmage