Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spring Football

Default Re: 2018 Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I agree with a lot of this! Personally, I think we are finally recruiting more of a pass catching true tight end, which may be more similar to a "Gronk" type of kid that you referred to. Even though comparing any FCS kid to Gronk is scary. haha. I think the young Tight Ends that redshirted are a different level of athlete and have that size that we need to potentially go outside and be creative. In the past, I feel most of our tight ends have been blockers first...and have done a great job. Almost extensions of the O Line. These young guys with Ben will be difference makers in the passing game. QB's best friend.
    Jfc, I have been clamoring for this for a long time! Jensen looked like Gronk against EWU. Yeah yeah I know their D sucks but wtf. We didn't target him the rest of the season?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    It's very similar to a rummage sale. They sell old uniforms, unused items, equipment. Basically anything the athletic department doesn't want any longer. Anyone can buy. Sometimes you can find a really good bargain. Other items are overpriced, at least in my opinion.
    I hear the men's and women's basketballs are going really cheap this year LOL

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I haven’t seen this posted on this thread, a nice piece by Izzo on #91, Derek T. DL should be salty again this year despite losing Tanquay. I hope Menard can come back to all American form.

http://www.wday.com/sports/football/...phomore-season

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I haven’t seen this posted on this thread, a nice piece by Izzo on #91, Derek T. DL should be salty again this year despite losing Tanquay. I hope Menard can come back to all American form.

http://www.wday.com/sports/football/...phomore-season
    RE: DT's tackle of the JMU QB in the linked video, I noticed several players during the game tapping their elbow after they made a big play.... what did that signify?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    RE: DT's tackle of the JMU QB in the linked video, I noticed several players during the game tapping their elbow after they made a big play.... what did that signify?
    JMU did it all season. I think it was meant as a "bad to the bone" thing. Our boys were mocking them during the NC game.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Was JMUs thing. Was supposed to mean "to the bone".

Guess code green wanted to send a message about who was the best D in the FCS.

Would be nice to get a progress report on our younger DTs. Tucker, Kelly, Alo, Biegler, Darnell and the Hofer kids.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Would be nice to get a progress report on our younger DTs. Tucker, Kelly, Alo, Biegler, Darnell and the Hofer kids.

Agreed. I hear some high hopes for some of them like Alo in particular. It will be interesting to which two get into the rotation to replace snaps by Tanquay and Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Agreed. I hear some high hopes for some of them like Alo in particular. It will be interesting to which two get into the rotation to replace snaps by Tanquay and Morgan.
    Yeah, kind of what I'm getting at. Which 3 are ahead? The only two I've heard any news about are Alo and Biegler.

Backup NG is listed as Darnell or Alo on the Spring depth chart. They’re the only of that group listed on two deep for now.