Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spring Football

Default Re: 2018 Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Seems like a missed opportunity to me. Gives the younger players an opportunity to get valuable game situation reps and they could certainly sell some tickets/merchandise.
    There isnt really anything in the spring game that they can't accom0lish in practice. You're hitting the same guys. No big deal really.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

In the past the spring game was always broadcast state wide on NBC. It gave us great exposure and gave us something a lot of other schools didn't. Only the better programs got that kind of attention. I know, it's not the end of the world if there's no spring game but I sure hope this doesn't turn into a trend.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    In the past the spring game was always broadcast state wide on NBC. It gave us great exposure and gave us something a lot of other schools didn't. Only the better programs got that kind of attention. I know, it's not the end of the world if there's no spring game but I sure hope this doesn't turn into a trend.
    I feel like we don’t need much statewide exposure anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Spring game should always be done and on a Saturday. It's a social event. Just my opinion. Whatever format they want is fine with me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Klieman knows what he is doing.

Let's be real, it's not all that exciting but it was nice to see the young guys that have not got an opportunity yet or just red shirted. Doesn't do any good for the upper classmen that have had long seasons and meaningful reps

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Let's be real, it's not all that exciting but it was nice to see the young guys that have not got an opportunity yet or just red shirted. Doesn't do any good for the upper classmen that have had long seasons and meaningful reps
    i dont even remember the last spring game i went to...what was the 3-0 game? i think i left after the first drive. in all honesty, i think they are boring as hell. i dont even watch them on tv

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is a bummer. Obviously not a big deal from a coaching perspective but I love seeing the young guys play. For those of us without the "insider" knowledge it's a great view of new talent. Plus an excuse for another NDSU event is great.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Boo. Sucks. So lets see how this plays out. Apparently most Division I college football teams think the spring game is important.
    Most Division I teams don't win 6 National Championships in 7 years also.

I know I could give up a spring game for another 15 game season

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    As long as the other trend continues of winning in January, can we live without this game?