Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spring Football

Default Re: 2018 Spring Football

Really, 160 pages in this thread and nobody made a reference to Derek Smalls?

Anyway, Coach Klanderman was on Bison1660 yesterday and really got me believing that the secondary could be something special even though Tre Dempsey graduated (and I was pretty optimistic to begin with especially after the way they overcame injuries in the championship game.) Looking at stats, I found out the Delaware held JMU to under a 100 yards passing... that game is going to be a real test.

Tidbit: NDSU was the only team to hold JMU under 300 yards (241). Delaware was the only team to hold JMU to fewer passing yards*. NDSU held them to their lowest passing efficiency (70) and completion percentage (.438).

* That Delaware game is looking more and more interesting.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Anyway, Coach Klanderman was on Bison1660 yesterday and really got me believing that the secondary could be something special even though Tre Dempsey graduated (and I was pretty optimistic to begin with especially after the way they overcame injuries in the championship game.) Looking at stats, I found out the Delaware held JMU to under a 100 yards passing... that game is going to be a real test.

Tidbit: NDSU was the only team to hold JMU under 300 yards (241). Delaware was the only team to hold JMU to fewer passing yards*. NDSU held them to their lowest passing efficiency (70) and completion percentage (.438).

Yep, Delaware's defense will be as good as we see from an opponent at home next year. Their issues have been on offense especially their lack of a passing game. Still, I am amused at how many people regard this as a cupcake game.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Delaware also gave up 254 yards rushing that game. Average of 5 yds/run. Another fun note about Delaware. 5/10 FCS games they played in, they had less than 100 yards passing. In 2 of the 5, they had less than 200 yards rushing. JMU held them to 229 total yards while Delaware gave up 347 to JMU. Was a home game for Delaware so I'm very interested how different that game would be on the road. Not taking anything away from Delaware because I know we'll get their best shot because they have a summer to prepare, but we're the 4th game on their schedule and I just don't see how NDSU doesn't walk away with a 3 score win at minimum.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Delaware also gave up 254 yards rushing that game. Average of 5 yds/run. Another fun note about Delaware. 5/10 FCS games they played in, they had less than 100 yards passing. In 2 of the 5, they had less than 200 yards rushing. JMU held them to 229 total yards while Delaware gave up 347 to JMU. Was a home game for Delaware so I'm very interested how different that game would be on the road. Not taking anything away from Delaware because I know we'll get their best shot because they have a summer to prepare, but we're the 4th game on their schedule and I just don't see how NDSU doesn't walk away with a 3 score win at minimum.
    I think that the fact they have never played in the dome will be another big factor! Yes Rocco has been here before but none of those kids have been in the dome, and we all know how that goes for first timers in the dome! Not so well!!!!! I think we win by three scores!

Does anyone know what QB is leading (if either) at this point to backup Easton Stick? And no I'm not advocating Easton be benched (for those out there that will misread this and lose their mind). Just asking who is the leading contender to be the 1st backup?

The spring game stream for tonight is listed on go bison as premium content. Thats dumb. Guess Im not watching it then.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So is tailgating allowed for spring game? What are hours? I have not seen any updates to gobison, etc even thouvh PL said his hotline to NDSU confirmed OK. I noticed the imsiders show is calling out all the events except no mention of tailgating. I sent in a question to the radio show and waiting for an on air response from Jeremy or Jeff as to why no mention. Seems this all proves how NDSU and / or the dome are trying to minimize tailgating attendance.

Who cares? Tailgating is no big deal for Bison fans!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco Jason View Post
    Does anyone know what QB is leading (if either) at this point to backup Easton Stick? And no I'm not advocating Easton be benched (for those out there that will misread this and lose their mind). Just asking who is the leading contender to be the 1st backup?
    They're not going to flat out say who at this point. They have the entire summer and fall camp to develop and compete. No point in saying who now. Hotchkiss is on scholarship so he will probably get every opportunity to prove his worth. Not saying Sanders won't get every opportunity as well, but scholly kids tend to get first crack at things.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    The spring game stream for tonight is listed on go bison as premium content. Thats dumb. Guess Im not watching it then.
    Not pleased. Is NDSU intentionally trying to mess up the spring game this year?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Not pleased. Is NDSU intentionally trying to mess up the spring game this year?
    Well, that sucks. Doesn't appear to on ESPN3 either.