Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brent Vigen, QB whisperer

Default Brent Vigen, QB whisperer

I wasn't sure where to post this but I found it funny:

http://www.wday.com/sports/football/...back-whisperer

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Brent Vigen, QB whisperer

This is Funny. lol

As much as I appreciate what Brent did for NDSU, Randy Hedberg FTW.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

"Psst. Come over here, Carson," he whispered, "We are never going to put you into any meaningful game situations if we can help it."

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Randy Hedberg FTW.

shhhhhhhhh We don't need to publicize our ace in the hole.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I dont care what anyone says, Allen is not as good as Carson, there are better players in the draft IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    I dont care what anyone says, Allen is not as good as Carson, there are better players in the draft IMO
    This is what makes the draft so intriguing. Too many variables that determine a guys long term success.

I dont think Josh Allen will live up to the hype. Maybe he can put it all together like Wentz. but I dont see it

I like Brent. We were at NDSU at the same time and had a few classes together. I think we might have been at Boys' State or freshman orientation together too. I never considered him a close friend, but always a guy that I respected.

That being said... As good as he probably is (I have no way to judge other than results of his teams on the field), I get the feeling that he was more in the right place at the right time for Wentz. According to Carson's story, he was pretty committed to playing for the Bison no matter what as far as I understand. I have no doubt that Brent made it even easier for Carson to follow through though.

Allen was a great find. Sounds like Brent had to do quite a bit of research after the initial introduction, and he liked what he saw. What others missed. That's definitely worth something.

Still... to call him a quarterback whisperer? I'd like to see another success story or two before that term is tossed around. I guess it is something positive to write about if you're looking for a story. Best wishes to Brent. And Allen too. Hope he can make an impact at the next level. (It will take a lot to convince me he's better than Carson, though.)

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m sure that Carson would credit Vigen/Bohl and Headberg/Klieman for his development. I would certainly bet that he would give much more credit to Headberg/Klieman though.

I would expect wyo media to push this Vigen narrative, not the Fargo folks. I suppose it made for a storyline with Vigen visiting.