Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spring Football

Default Re: 2018 Spring Football

I watched it, seemed fairly good considering the format they had to use and the fact that no one could go full bore on the opponent. The only thing that worried me was the shear number of times both QB's would have been sacked. I sure hope Stick doesn't get injured and I hope both get a lot of 4th quarter playing time in during the season, just in case.

Overall though we have a lot young guys that are great and that shows just how deep we are.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I think he will go higher in draft than Deluca if he keeps play up, gets to about 230 and stays healthy. He has to be a couple steps faster than Deluca and he isn’t scared to hit. Also very good in coverage, and that will likely improve as well. He could be first ever NDSU player to exit early for draft after his JR campaign—I’m serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will say it again, enjoy watching him as he will leave as the best D player to come through NDSU. If not the best close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    The only thing that worried me was the shear number of times both QB's would have been sacked.
    Does that mean our D line is that good, or our O line needs some work?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I think he will go higher in draft than Deluca if he keeps play up, gets to about 230 and stays healthy. He has to be a couple steps faster than Deluca and he isn’t scared to hit. Also very good in coverage, and that will likely improve as well. He could be first ever NDSU player to exit early for draft after his JR campaign—I’m serious.

He definitely looks the type. The NFL loves "freaks"...and he very much fits in that category. He still looks like he can carry more weight on his frame and I would guess he will not lose his athleticism. He projects as an every down LB, which increases his value significantly.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Does that mean our D line is that good, or our O line needs some work?
    Thought the D line was top notch. And just a guess but maybe Hotchkiss and Sanders were holding onto the ball a little too long.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thought the D line was top notch. And just a guess but maybe Hotchkiss and Sanders were holding onto the ball a little too long.
    I heard the young guys were holding onto the ball too long too. I think Phil said last night they would have been sacked time after time because they were doing that.

Stick said something pretty true in the piece KVLY had on him when he said he reminds the young qbs that this is the best defense you will face. Totally agree.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

To me, the QBs were spending too much time looking for deep passes than checking down. My guess is that they don’t have the confidence/ability to fit the ball into tight spaces yet. It also didn’t help that they were picked off a few times during short passes.

The defense, as expected, is way ahead of the offense. I hope the young QBs (and maybe Stick) spend a lot of personal time with the receivers, especially the younger ones, during the off-season to build better timing and chemistry as long as it fits within NCAA rules.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

And wasn't he a QB in high school?

I thought our pass protection last year was good but not the best we've had during the run. Helps if we wear down the defense with the run game.