Thread: 2018 Spring Football

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    All you have to do is call. I did.
    I was waiting for this
    Hail Hydra.

PL, while I see what you are saying, do you not see what others are saying? Why should one have to call? This isn't NDSU's first rodeo, they should know this by now. Me, personally, the only way I would see benefit in not announcing either way was if they were trying to keep it hush hush. I would assume no announcement either way means you can, but not sanctioned or "official". However, some of the issue is that, after all these years, we still can't have officially sanctioned tailgating for the spring game. It's always a tiptoe around this subject, and quite frankly, it's getting pretty old. Other universities clearly get it, but I'm not sure NDSU does(or they likely do, but for some reason can't get out of their own way). I'm not about to say our game day atmosphere is lacking, but my god, embrace it. The internal struggle is getting ridiculous, other schools would KILL to be in our position...take advantage of it. When the winning calms down, even slightly, and it likely will at some point, the game day experience needs to be THE draw to keep the casual fan interested.

I've said too much and I'm sure I'll get some lame reply, I just wish you would acknowledge what a large portion of BV sees and feels.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    PL, while I see what you are saying, do you not see what others are saying? Why should one have to call? This isn't NDSU's first rodeo, they should know this by now. Me, personally, the only way I would see benefit in not announcing either way was if they were trying to keep it hush hush. I would assume no announcement either way means you can, but not sanctioned or "official". However, some of the issue is that, after all these years, we still can't have officially sanctioned tailgating for the spring game. It's always a tiptoe around this subject, and quite frankly, it's getting pretty old. Other universities clearly get it, but I'm not sure NDSU does(or they likely do, but for some reason can't get out of their own way). I'm not about to say our game day atmosphere is lacking, but my god, embrace it. The internal struggle is getting ridiculous, other schools would KILL to be in our position...take advantage of it. When the winning calms down, even slightly, and it likely will at some point, the game day experience needs to be THE draw to keep the casual fan interested.

I've said too much and I'm sure I'll get some lame reply, I just wish you would acknowledge what a large portion of BV sees and feels.
    There is no way this was an oversight. I would think they intentionally did not mention tailgating for the reasons you mentioned. They have mentioned it in the past. It isn't like tailgating is something that could be forgotten about. I also agree...having to call makes me shake my head. I don't think I will make it this year so it isn't a big deal to me personally. Yeah, it isn't hard to make the call as PL said...but there is the point that a call shouldn't have to be made.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    There is no way this was an oversight. I would think they intentionally did not mention tailgating for the reasons you mentioned. They have mentioned it in the past. It isn't like tailgating is something that could be forgotten about. I also agree...having to call makes me shake my head. I don't think I will make it this year so it isn't a big deal to me personally. Yeah, it isn't hard to make the call as PL said...but there is the point that a call shouldn't have to be made.
    Should you have to call? May be not. But why stew in your own juices and make uninformed comments?
    It's like dealing with small children who are going to stamp there feet and hold their breath until they turn blue. I'm not calling but I will bitch to high heaven about it. Jfc.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

You are really over thinking this.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    All you have to do is call. I did.
    You forgot to add in the part of what the outcome of that call was. We all thank you in advance.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

To me it's less about one person having to call and more about potentially hundreds of people having to call to get basic information that should have been just made public. That is the bed they made when they started highlighting tailgating as part of the spring game. If they don't want it anymore then say so and be done with it. Pretty simple imo.

Expecting people to know what they can and can't do or what is or isn't happening without informing them is just plain stupid. Unfortunately it seems to happen often within the ranks in the athletic dept. It's simple marketing and they fail at it more then they should.

Can I call? Yes. But why the hell should I do the job of fan recruitment and engagement for them? Shouldn't that be a priority within the athletic dept? Again, a marketing fail.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    To me it's less about one person having to call and more about potentially hundreds of people having to call to get basic information that should have been just made public. That is the bed they made when they started highlighting tailgating as part of the spring game. If they don't want it anymore then say so and be done with it. Pretty simple imo.

Expecting people to know what they can and can't do or what is or isn't happening without informing them is just plain stupid. Unfortunately it seems to happen often within the ranks in the athletic dept. It's simple marketing and they fail at it more then they should.

Can I call? Yes. But why the hell should I do the job of fan recruitment and engagement for them? Shouldn't that be a priority within the athletic dept? Again, a marketing fail.

You can't fix stupid and NDSU is doing a good job of it regarding this issue. I really think it comes down to the anti alcohol crap again. What century are we in? Like End Zone said, essentially every FCS program and many FBS programs would kill to have the fan base interest NDSU does, but then those in charge just do nothing to maintain existimg fans and accommodate new fans. Not expanding the tailgate area is another FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

+freaking+ No matter what, this is a dropped ball by the athletic dept.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]