Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: 2018 Spring Football

Default Re: 2018 Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    DEs were getting off the ball like gangbusters plus the WRs were blanketed for the most part. QBs were a
    Little slow getting rid of the ball but the D had a lot to do with that.
    Defense is always ahead of the offense this time of year. Young QB's are still on a learning curve and will need to continue to improve. If I was a betting man and I am, I would say Hotchkiss is ahead right now. But do not forget about Trey Lance coming in this fall.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    How would you know if they were going full speed as I thought you stated you didn't watch it? I didn't watch it either but did listen to the radio for a while and Phil was very impressed with what he saw for our depth. Right before I turned it off they said that the red jerseys were taken off the QB's, so I assumed the intensity was ratcheted up a little more at that point.

As far as what did we learn about our QB's? Someone else said this but has been true for years around here about our offense gets to go against the #1 defense every day in practice. If our offense looks awful against our defense that is definitely not a barometer for what's to come.

How did I know??? I talked to a former player who was there.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I've watched a bit of the spring game via KVLY on youtube.

My favorite Timmerman moment so far, "Zone read right there, another nice little RPO[run-pass option]."

This was on a play with TWO pulling lineman and the other lineman driving well downfield. Shut his mic off please.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post

My favorite Timmerman moment so far, "Zone read right there, another nice little RPO[run-pass option]."

This was on a play with TWO pulling lineman and the other lineman driving well downfield. Shut his mic off please.
    He was in mid season form.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Rewatched the EWU game on YouTube and got my "shut up Timmerman you idiot" fix.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The south end zone in Frisco has made a lot of progress this spring.

Looking good Billy Ray!

Didn't he say something about his brother playing against the Bison, years ago? I'm guessing this is when he formed his negative opinion about NDSU? IMO, he is very quick to point out, when a penalty flag is thrown, " I think this will go against the Bison". Or, "Wow the Bison really got away with one that time". He is right about 1/2 the time, so he's got that!
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

"If they're talking about you, you win" !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    The south end zone in Frisco has made a lot of progress this spring.

That blue section, half way up, was where I and cohorts were sitting last January. Decent seats and close to a beer tender. Nirvana !!!