Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spring Football

Default Re: 2018 Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    So what is the biggest concern for the 2018 team? Middle linebacker, free safety, wide receiver, backup qb or depth?
    Kolpack had an article recently on spring practice & MLB, Beau Pauly and walk-on Jackson Hankey getting reps at MLB with Dan Marlette still recovering from injury.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/442574...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    Always look forward every year to see how our WR's will look and how effective they can be within our offense. For a group that just doesn't get targeted as often as some of the other high flying offenses we see within college football, and that have the expectation to be better blockers sometimes than receivers, how great is it when they are called upon during a big moment that they almost always execute. I think of the USD game and the big catches Dimitri had. A big game from Freeman at ISU-blue(?). And how can we forget about probably the biggest play of the championship game, the deep pass to Shep. Not only was it a clutch catch in a big time opportunity, it was his first TD of the entire season. He just quietly did his job, whether hurt or not, and put the team first all year. Was rewarded with an absolute dime piece from Easton!! Excited to see the young guys step in and push the older guys.
    Go Bison!
    I’d really like to see us take our most athletic and fast TE and use as WR. Move him around like NE uses Gronk, and let him use athleticism, size and strength to leverage against smaller DBs. Gives Easton huge target out there, plus we can have another TE out there at same time. We have to have enough quality TEs to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I’d really like to see us take our most athletic and fast TE and use as WR. Move him around like NE uses Gronk, and let him use athleticism, size and strength to leverage against smaller DBs. Gives Easton huge target out there, plus we can have another TE out there at same time. We have to have enough quality TEs to do this.

That would be interesting and there is some monster TE's on the roster. I can't remember seeing a TE ever split out in the Bison offense. Maybe they did with Illies but he isn't a giant like Jenson, Gindorff, or Babicz

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Cain just wasn't targeted that often and when he was there were so many uncalled defensive holds and pass interference calls. I was frustrated for him. I think there is plenty of untapped production to gain from him this year.
    Cain did draw the attention of the defense and was on the field for some big plays to other receivers.

Lardsin must go!

I remember Illies being split out wide a few times last season. Can't remember if it ever produced.

I agree with a lot of this! Personally, I think we are finally recruiting more of a pass catching true tight end, which may be more similar to a "Gronk" type of kid that you referred to. Even though comparing any FCS kid to Gronk is scary. haha. I think the young Tight Ends that redshirted are a different level of athlete and have that size that we need to potentially go outside and be creative. In the past, I feel most of our tight ends have been blockers first...and have done a great job. Almost extensions of the O Line. These young guys with Ben will be difference makers in the passing game. QB's best friend.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

We seem to have an easier time finding 6-6 pass catching TEs than tall receivers who work out. Might as well play to our strengths and given our running game and passing game benefits from TEs, might as well utilize them more. I like the idea of running a 2 TE sets and then flexing a TE out into the slot. Great mismatches

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I have not been able to make it up for a Spring Game weekend previously, what does the Locker Room Sale entail? IE: what types of items are typically for sale, what type of range do items sell for, can anyone buy, is it an auction, etc- any info one can share is appreciated as I may have that weekend free to make the trip and if the locker room sale is what I think it is I would be pumped to make it. Thanks in advance.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    I have not been able to make it up for a Spring Game weekend previously, what does the Locker Room Sale entail? IE: what types of items are typically for sale, what type of range do items sell for, can anyone buy, is it an auction, etc- any info one can share is appreciated as I may have that weekend free to make the trip and if the locker room sale is what I think it is I would be pumped to make it. Thanks in advance.
    It's very similar to a rummage sale. They sell old uniforms, unused items, equipment. Basically anything the athletic department doesn't want any longer. Anyone can buy. Sometimes you can find a really good bargain. Other items are overpriced, at least in my opinion.

533 In a row

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I agree with a lot of this! Personally, I think we are finally recruiting more of a pass catching true tight end, which may be more similar to a "Gronk" type of kid that you referred to. Even though comparing any FCS kid to Gronk is scary. haha. I think the young Tight Ends that redshirted are a different level of athlete and have that size that we need to potentially go outside and be creative. In the past, I feel most of our tight ends have been blockers first...and have done a great job. Almost extensions of the O Line. These young guys with Ben will be difference makers in the passing game. QB's best friend.
    While I agree, I think Kevin Vaadeland was the exception. Best hands the Bison have had at TE in the FCS era who had to learn to block. Jensen loved him in the red zone. I agree, in the absence of dynamic WR let’s develop the TEs more in the offense.