Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Tournament

Default Re: Summit Tournament

No better day to be a Jackrabbit as the women go to the NCAA’s, also beating The Coyotes. NCAA RPI has the SDSU women at 30.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Year Seed Round Opponent Result
    2012 14 First Round #3 Baylor L 60–68
    2013 13 First Round #4 Michigan L 56–71
    2016 12 First Round #5 Maryland L 74–79
    2017 16 First Round #1 Gonzaga L 46–66

Yep, lose by 20 or 30... The Baylor game was a 2 point game with less then 2 minutes remaining and Maryland went down to the wire. Michigan and more so Gonzaga, we were overmatched. Michigan should have been higher then a 4 that year, they went on to the play in the championship as did Gonzaga.
    lulz @ 0-4

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter who does it but we need to have the Summit teams start to actually win a game or two in the Dance so the league is actually taken seriously. I would really like that to be NDSU but if it isn't the team that represents the Summit needs to start making some noise. Then maybe we can possibly get a couple teams in. Teams from the Summit need to step up and not just be happy to be there, there has been a good amount of money put into facilities in the Summit but we need to actually start seeing some results.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I think the Jacks have the guards to pull off the upset..but for their bigs, after Daum theres really nothing. Will keep an eye out for an upset possibly depending if they draw a similar team
    It's always the problem of low mid-major teams, they don't have the length to compete. They get dominated by teams with an actual center.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Year Seed Round Opponent Result
    2012 14 First Round #3 Baylor L 60–68
    2013 13 First Round #4 Michigan L 56–71
    2016 12 First Round #5 Maryland L 74–79
    2017 16 First Round #1 Gonzaga L 46–66

Yep, lose by 20 or 30... The Baylor game was a 2 point game with less then 2 minutes remaining and Maryland went down to the wire. Michigan and more so Gonzaga, we were overmatched. Michigan should have been higher then a 4 that year, they went on to the play in the championship as did Gonzaga.
    Lol...nevermind. Oops.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter who does it but we need to have the Summit teams start to actually win a game or two in the Dance so the league is actually taken seriously. I would really like that to be NDSU but if it isn't the team that represents the Summit needs to start making some noise. Then maybe we can possibly get a couple teams in. Teams from the Summit need to step up and not just be happy to be there, there has been a good amount of money put into facilities in the Summit but we need to actually start seeing some results.
    This. I would love it if two 25+ win teams in the Summit could make the NCAA, as opposed to another P5 team that went .500 in its conference. Need to add and beat good opponents though. USD's schedule was a bit underwhelming after a second glance. Even Nebraska may have trouble getting in because of SOS - and they finished 13-4 in the B1G.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

The Summit is a low major.

While I'd be very happy to see conference teams win the tournament, I'd much rather see an at-large make it.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    This. I would love it if two 25+ win teams in the Summit could make the NCAA, as opposed to another P5 team that went .500 in its conference. Need to add and beat good opponents though. USD's schedule was a bit underwhelming after a second glance. Even Nebraska may have trouble getting in because of SOS - and they finished 13-4 in the B1G.
    For the Summit to become a multi bid league the rest of the league need to step it up. In scheduling and winning. It is hard to win games as a 13+ seed. When all but one team in your league has an RPI above 200, that's bound to spell trouble when it comes time for the committee to seed you. If Daum is back next year, we will need to put up a 32-3 type season along with USD or hope ORU and DU continue their progression to being solid teams. NDSU need to get back to old form or UND may come in and jump you.

And for the record, NDSU should have hired Smith after Phillips left and my guess is almost all of you agree. The Braun, Phillips teams were incredibly talented and the program was becoming known nationally. I can imagine what Smith would have been able to do in Fargo. The "Dave" experiment needs to end. NDSU is too good a school to allow the program to continue to flounder. And your Women's program? Holy crap, cut her loose. The fact the SDSU has a North Dakota freshman in our first two off the bench, on a team that has a sub 30 RPI, and has at times 4 top 100 recruits on the floor, that is a young lady who in the old days would have been playing in Fargo.

For the Summit to become a multi bid league the rest of the league need to step it up. In scheduling and winning. It is hard to win games as a 13+ seed. When all but one team in your league has an RPI above 200, that's bound to spell trouble when it comes time for the committee to seed you. If Daum is back next year, we will need to put up a 32-3 type season along with USD or hope ORU and DU continue their progression to being solid teams. NDSU need to get back to old form or UND may come in and jump you.

And for the record, NDSU should have hired Smith after Phillips left and my guess is almost all of you agree. The Braun, Phillips teams were incredibly talented and the program was becoming known nationally. I can imagine what Smith would have been able to do in Fargo. The "Dave" experiment needs to end. NDSU is too good a school to allow the program to continue to flounder. And your Women's program? Holy crap, cut her loose. The fact the SDSU has a North Dakota freshman in our first two off the bench, on a team that has a sub 30 RPI, and has at times 4 top 100 recruits on the floor, that is a young lady who in the old days would have been playing in Fargo.
    A lot of truth in this post. 100% agree.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If I remember this series of events correctly, Smith was hired by USD after their season was over upon completion of the Summit League tourney, Saul didn't leave until a few days after we lost out of the NCAA tourney. There's no doubt in my mind that if Smith was still available when Saul left he would have been the guy but I believe he had already signed at USD before our position was open.