Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Tournament

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Summit Tournament

I wish I could say I was 100% pulling for NDSU in this, but it's probably better to have the best team represent the conference in the NCAA tournament, right? Would SDSU have a shot for a 12 seed?
    Last edited by DePereBisonFan; 02-25-2018 at 10:14 PM.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Default Re: Summit Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I wish I could say I was 100% pulling for NDSU in this, but it's probably better to have the best team represent the conference in the NCAA tournament, right? Would SDSU would have hot a shot for a 12 seed?
    They are a 13 now.....with an upset or two they would be a 12, especially if they beat USD in the title game.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Are you a Bison fan or do you have a deeper love for the Summit? Preposterous.

I don't care if the Bison are the worst 16 seed in history

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

100% agree. Unfortunately, based on how we've played for most of the season, it is just as preposterous to imagine that this will be a conundrum that actually materializes.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    100% agree. Unfortunately, based on how we've played for most of the season, it is just as preposterous to imagine that this will be a conundrum that actually materializes.
    But certainly, I hope it materializes nonetheless.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I guess I am curious if the Summit as a conference gets more money for a team that advances vs a 1-and-done situation. Was there much payout to the conference after we beat Oklahoma?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

One gold pazooza.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I guess I am curious if the Summit as a conference gets more money for a team that advances vs a 1-and-done situation. Was there much payout to the conference after we beat Oklahoma?
    Yes, the conference earns more as teams win in the tournament.

533 In a row

each win is worth about 1.6 Million for the conference paid over about 6 years. Then the conference divvies it up to members.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

A couple of upsets by other teams and the outlook could look a lot different. The Bison don't have to be the team to knock the one or two seed out. I wouldn't care if another summit team was looking at a top seed. I couldn't cheer against the Bison for any reason.