Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Tournament

Default Re: Summit Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Wow Jenkins was incredible tonight...that kid is going to be a problem. SDSU just the better team. USD grinds and makes a lot of winning plays.

Whoever the Jacks draw, they will give them all they want.
    I think the Jacks have the guards to pull off the upset..but for their bigs, after Daum theres really nothing. Will keep an eye out for an upset possibly depending if they draw a similar team

The rabbits could make us some money or they could not be competitive and keep the league as "the Summit who???"

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I think the Jacks have the guards to pull off the upset..but for their bigs, after Daum theres really nothing. Will keep an eye out for an upset possibly depending if they draw a similar team
    I agree, ESPN had them playing Arizona as a 13 seed. I dont love that match up because of Ayton but maybe they can move up to the 12 seed.

Jacks are going to need some help to get a 12, need Buffalo to lose in the MAC and ULL to lose in the Belt.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I agree, ESPN had them playing Arizona as a 13 seed. I dont love that match up because of Ayton but maybe they can move up to the 12 seed.
    that would be a horrific match up for SDSU. that team is going to pissed off and they just got Trier back

Yeah, the Jacks need some upsets. Looking at the bracket some of those 5 seeds look ripe for the taking, going to be an uphill battle against most of the fours.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The rabbits could make us some money or they could not be competitive and keep the league as "the Summit who???"
    I hope they go far, but I expect them to do what they've always done in the tourney, which is lose by 20 or 30.

I just don't have the hope-you-fail-in-all sports feeling for SDSU like I do for UND. Something about them going DI with us and sticking with us through all that.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Arizona is a mess right now. Announcement that their top 3 are already planning on leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I hope they go far, but I expect them to do what they've always done in the tourney, which is lose by 20 or 30.

I just don't have the hope-you-fail-in-all sports feeling for SDSU like I do for UND. Something about them going DI with us and sticking with us through all that.
    Year Seed Round Opponent Result
    2012 14 First Round #3 Baylor L 60–68
    2013 13 First Round #4 Michigan L 56–71
    2016 12 First Round #5 Maryland L 74–79
    2017 16 First Round #1 Gonzaga L 46–66

Yep, lose by 20 or 30... The Baylor game was a 2 point game with less then 2 minutes remaining and Maryland went down to the wire. Michigan and more so Gonzaga, we were overmatched. Michigan should have been higher then a 4 that year, they went on to the play in the championship as did Gonzaga.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Year Seed Round Opponent Result
    2012 14 First Round #3 Baylor L 60–68
    2013 13 First Round #4 Michigan L 56–71
    2016 12 First Round #5 Maryland L 74–79
    2017 16 First Round #1 Gonzaga L 46–66

Yep, lose by 20 or 30... The Baylor game was a 2 point game with less then 2 minutes remaining and Maryland went down to the wire. Michigan and more so Gonzaga, we were overmatched. Michigan should have been higher then a 4 that year, they went on to the play in the championship as did Gonzaga.
    You feeling pretty wronged aren’t ya, poor little guy