Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Tournament

Default Re: Summit Tournament

Winner tonight is USD, this last games a war.

Denver survives 90-88
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Denver survives 90-88
    I still say USD was the real winner. Man what a game that was, players have to be absolutely drained.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I still say USD was the real winner. Man what a game that was, players have to be absolutely drained.
    Yes, that was a fun game to watch. Nothing beats a good basketball game like that. ORU sure has gotten better since the beginning of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    My problem with the Summit Tourney always in Sioux Falls gives USD and SDSU the edge on home bias for calls. This is also reinforced by the fact they will most often have the largest crowd on hand (remember, locals have no risk to get here in winter, no time off required, little or no travel cost, etc.). And unlike other sports they don't earn this privilege by having the best league record or national ranking. Sure this year they are tops in the league, but wait until they get to the tourney as a 3,4,or 5 seed and then win a close game over a top seed due to calls going their way. It will happen.

One other comment, for some reason Sioux Falls thinks they are God's gift to basketball (based on what?.....because Denny built a couple venues?). Even some SDSU fans think they deserve it to even out NDSU's dominance in football. LOL At least NDSU has to earn it nationally, all season, every season, with a target on their backs, to get home field advantage in the playoffs.
    Football and basketball post-seasons are different. Let's all cry about it.

Sioux Falls isn't God's gift to basketball, but it might be God's gift to the Summit League.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Quite frankly, yes they did. I was at the game. Good God ! At the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half, it's 13 to 3 fouls in the bunny favor. It's like a rule: Don't call fouls on the bunny stud (Daum) Summit League MVP, for Heaven's sakes! Jesus H. Christ, It's no wonder the coach from WIU got a T. The big (7ft) from WIU picked up his 4th early in the 2nd half and took him completely out of his game. I'm surprised the WIU's HC didn't tackle the fat, bald headed ref that couldn't keep up with play after the game. He did have words with fat boy as fat boy was walking off the court. Fat ass refs, there should be a weight limit for referees. They are an embarrassment to the game of basketball. As usual, Terry Pheiffer from Mitchell will ref the finals and the Jacks will win. I find it comical that in the NCAA tourney (where the officials have never heard of Mike Daum or the Summit League); Daum will pick up 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes and sit the rest of the half and the Jacks will be down 15 to 20 in the first half and the bunny fans will be crying about how they got screwed by the refs.
    Who is Terry Pheiffer? And what affect did he have on the SDSU win over WIU? May I suggest you stop drunk posting. Or maybe, just beat us.

Game Information
    Date/Time: March 3, 2018 - 6:05
    Technical fouls: Western Illinois-1 ( TEAM) ; South Dakota State-None .
    Officials: Daryl Smith, Bryan Anslinger, John Lloyd, A-Luke Schumer

FYI, it is KELLY not Terry and it doesn't look like he is at the SLT this year. May I suggest you take a look at the 4 SLT games Saturday and Sunday, his name is not listed. Just more whining. As for the fouls, WIU muddied the game up. That was their intent. You really do need to learn how the game of BB works.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Who is Terry Pheiffer? And what affect did he have on the SDSU win over WIU? May I suggest you stop drunk posting. Or maybe, just beat us.

Game Information
    Date/Time: March 3, 2018 - 6:05
    Technical fouls: Western Illinois-1 ( TEAM) ; South Dakota State-None .
    Officials: Daryl Smith, Bryan Anslinger, John Lloyd, A-Luke Schumer

FYI, it is KELLY not Terry and it doesn't look like he is at the SLT this year. May I suggest you take a look at the 4 SLT games Saturday and Sunday, his name is not listed. Just more whining. As for the fouls, WIU muddied the game up. That was their intent. You really do need to learn how the game of BB works.
    He arrived last night in Sioux Falls, he worked the Big Ten tournament in NY. He was walking into the building last night as I left. I would imagine he is doing one of the games tonight and the final tomorrow.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Football and basketball post-seasons are different. Let's all cry about it.

Sioux Falls isn't God's gift to basketball, but it might be God's gift to the Summit League.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    He arrived last night in Sioux Falls, he worked the Big Ten tournament in NY. He was walking into the building last night as I left. I would imagine he is doing one of the games tonight and the final tomorrow.
    Could be an alternate, although if he is in town he will likely be on the court. Can't imagine a BIG TEN OFFICIAL being sidelined.

It is absolutely hilarious that Bison fans are complaining about a BIG TEN OFFICIAL making calls for a game the Bison didn't even play in (Edit: and one the official wasn't even in town for). LOL. You guys take complaining about the refs to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    Bison fans are delusional.

Go to ticketmaster and try to buy 1 all session pass for next year... lower bowl is sold out.

Yeah, Sioux Falls sucks for the Summit League.