Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Tournament

Default Re: Summit Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    As a coach...nothing pisses me off more than when a ref says, hey...the fouls are equal. Just because the fouls called are equal doesn't mean they're calling a good game. If the one team is committing more fouls than the other, then the fouls should be unequal!

Now...I didn't watch the sdsu game. But the comment above triggered my post. Carry on.
    You said it.... you didn't watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    You said it.... you didn't watch the game.
    Yep. I'm not disagreeing with you. Maybe sdsu should have had more fouls called. My point was it's very common for people to complain that fouls weren't equal. They don't have to be. That's all I was saying.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Yep. I'm not disagreeing with you. Maybe sdsu should have had more fouls called. My point was it's very common for people to complain that fouls weren't equal. They don't have to be. That's all I was saying.
    Fouls don't have to be equal, I agree........and I've refereed basketball for 45 years (HS) and some college; and yes, HS and college are two different animals. With that said, when two players are playing defense the same way.......leaning on the drive , shoving with the lower body in the post (you know the drill), and one player gets the calls and another doesn't Well, as the WIU coach said, "WTF?"

Fouls don't have to be equal, I agree........and I've refereed basketball for 45 years (HS) and some college; and yes, HS and college are two different animals. With that said, when two players are playing defense the same way.......leaning on the drive , shoving with the lower body in the post (you know the drill), and one player gets the calls and another doesn't Well, as the WIU coach said, "WTF?"
    Call it both ways I always say. Consistency.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quite frankly, yes they did. I was at the game. Good God ! At the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half, it's 13 to 3 fouls in the bunny favor. It's like a rule: Don't call fouls on the bunny stud (Daum) Summit League MVP, for Heaven's sakes! Jesus H. Christ, It's no wonder the coach from WIU got a T. The big (7ft) from WIU picked up his 4th early in the 2nd half and took him completely out of his game. I'm surprised the WIU's HC didn't tackle the fat, bald headed ref that couldn't keep up with play after the game. He did have words with fat boy as fat boy was walking off the court. Fat ass refs, there should be a weight limit for referees. They are an embarrassment to the game of basketball. As usual, Terry Pheiffer from Mitchell will ref the finals and the Jacks will win. I find it comical that in the NCAA tourney (where the officials have never heard of Mike Daum or the Summit League); Daum will pick up 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes and sit the rest of the half and the Jacks will be down 15 to 20 in the first half and the bunny fans will be crying about how they got screwed by the refs.
    His name is Kelly not Terry, but I get your point about refs going out of the way to not call fouls on Daum. Drum should pickup offensive fouls. He does not play defense worth shit. The poor Redding in that game are some of the same shot refs we have all year. Yes fat boy is not a good ref either.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Hard to imagine SDSU shooting that poorly again. WIU let that one slip away. Daum is just freaking incredible. Yes he does get star treatment but damn is that guy a nightmare for opposing teams. Kid still has another year left...yikes.

Yotes handled Omaha fairly easy, no surprise there.

Both games tonight should be close.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Ipfw favored by 1.5.

Yeah, Pheiffer is a complete joke when he refs SDSU games he may as well just put on a Rabbit jersey.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

My problem with the Summit Tourney always in Sioux Falls gives USD and SDSU the edge on home bias for calls. This is also reinforced by the fact they will most often have the largest crowd on hand (remember, locals have no risk to get here in winter, no time off required, little or no travel cost, etc.). And unlike other sports they don't earn this privilege by having the best league record or national ranking. Sure this year they are tops in the league, but wait until they get to the tourney as a 3,4,or 5 seed and then win a close game over a top seed due to calls going their way. It will happen.

One other comment, for some reason Sioux Falls thinks they are God's gift to basketball (based on what?.....because Denny built a couple venues?). Even some SDSU fans think they deserve it to even out NDSU's dominance in football. LOL At least NDSU has to earn it nationally, all season, every season, with a target on their backs, to get home field advantage in the playoffs.

We plan to be at bww across from Denny around 4.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk