Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Tournament

Default Re: Summit Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    My problem with the Summit Tourney always in Sioux Falls gives USD and SDSU the edge on home bias for calls. This is also reinforced by the fact they will most often have the largest crowd on hand (remember, locals have no risk to get here in winter, no time off required, little or no travel cost, etc.). And unlike other sports they don't earn this privilege by having the best league record or national ranking. Sure this year they are tops in the league, but wait until they get to the tourney as a 3,4,or 5 seed and then win a close game over a top seed due to calls going their way. It will happen.

One other comment, for some reason Sioux Falls thinks they are God's gift to basketball (based on what?.....because Denny built a couple venues?). Even some SDSU fans think they deserve it to even out NDSU's dominance in football. LOL At least NDSU has to earn it nationally, all season, every season, with a target on their backs, to get home field advantage in the playoffs.
    You got that right, SD. Bunny fans take over the Denny like Bison fans take over Frisco, except that Frisco is 1100 miles from Fargo. If the Jack fb team ever made it to Frisco, I wonder if they would even sell all of their 4000 ticket allotment. Oh.....wait... Dykhouse probably would buy the remaining tickets and hand them out to middle schoolers, again.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    You got that right, SD. Bunny fans take over the Denny like Bison fans take over Frisco, except that Frisco is 1100 miles from Fargo. If the Jack fb team ever made it to Frisco, I wonder if they would even sell all of their 4000 ticket allotment. Oh.....wait... Dykhouse probably would buy the remaining tickets and hand them out to middle schoolers, again.
    Along with taco John's.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    NDSU is always, ALWAYS, a scary team to have to face. You always seem to be in it, even when you're out of it. I hate it and it gives me the willy's thinking about it. So much, in fact, that before the 2016 championship game, I made a purposeful effort to take any fandom and emotion out of the game. It made the eventual SDSU win very anti-climactic for me sitting there in the stands and I decided I'd never do that again.

So, I can only imagine you'll beat Fort Wayne and I'll find myself a nervous wreck again come monday, assuming of course we take care of business saturday.

You've got football, you can't have basketball too, crap dang it!
    Hai guyz! Welcome to monday! Bastards!
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I remember talk like this in 2007. What if we run the table? What if we get a bowl invite? What if they vote us #1 even though we can't play in the playoffs? We ended that season with a loss to SDSU.

Can you have Stig give Daum the Joose and show him how to drive his Malibu tonight?

This team sucks. It's going to need to halves like the first one we saw tonight to beat sdsu

The good news is this team is one win away from erasing all the struggles they've had this year.

The bad news is they're going to have to play damn near perfect to pick up that win.

They literally have nothing to lose at this point so they should be loose. Hopefully we see the offensive movement away from the ball that we saw in the 1st half tonight and they can put up the points they need to in order to pull the upset. As good as Fort Wayne is offensively SDSU is better and they play better defense than Fort Wayne too.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Denver up by 11 over ORU with 8 to go. It's fun watching quality big men, which both teams have.

Wow Rosga banks in a crazy three to send the game into OT
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Denver and ORU go to double OT!
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Three out of four good first round games ain't too shabby.