Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Omaha

Default Re: Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    All fans who may be primarily biased in favor of NDSU football would love nothing better for both BB teams to kick ass and take names. I’m 100% solid on that statement/opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Completely agree.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All fans who may be primarily biased in favor of NDSU football would love nothing better for both BB teams to kick ass and take names. I’m 100% solid on that statement/opinion.

To add to this, I'd also like the softball and baseball teams to take the next step, the track teams to continue their success, the golf teams to kick ass, volleyball to keep on their current trajectory, etc. Hopefully I didn't forget anyone. Also on the academics side, research to expand and NDSU climb the various academic rankings.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oldmantutters; 02-27-2018 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    To add to this, if also like the softball and baseball teams to take the next step, the track teams to continue their success, the golf teams to kick ass, volleyball to keep on their current trajectory, etc. Hopefully I didn't forget anyone. Also on the academics side, research to expand and NDSU climb the various academic rankings.

++++++++++++++++++

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Yep.............
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    To add to this, if also like the softball and baseball teams to take the next step, the track teams to continue their success, the golf teams to kick ass, volleyball to keep on their current trajectory, etc. Hopefully I didn't forget anyone. Also on the academics side, research to expand and NDSU climb the various academic rankings.

Yep..............
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    COuple of things. THe women's program is an absolute NIGHTMARE. They are not competitive, nobody cares, nobody goes, and her contract is longer than people think....

The Men have been competitive. They were first in the league for a long time last year, but lost when it mattered. Not the finish anyone wanted or expected. This year is about where I expected them. I did not love this team. I knew we lacked some form of leadership. We didn't have that KB or Dex who was a leader by his words and his actions. We aren't that good. I expected us to be able to beat anyone, and to be beat by anyone. Clearly had a bad losing streak to end the year that sucked. Just not a great team, but the compare the two programs is foolish. The Men have been in the summit final several years in a row until last year.

In regards to to saying there is always next year....that is not my comment...My comment was I am excited about next year, as I think we get a lot better. THe incoming guards are clearly an upgrade and I feel there is a need for some new blood in the gym, which can happen a lot.

For example. Tim MIles had his starting Center and Power forward transfer out. He was fine with it, as he needed no blood in the gym. THis year they went from 12 wins to 22, with 13 of them in conference, has never been done before in the history of the program. I still think he was going to get fired last year but football was such a mess they chose to let him hang on. He proved them right and will get extended now.

Quick recap...we aren't good. We also aren't as bad as some of the football only fans want to say we are. New blood is good. I am not asking anyone to share these opinions with me. Just my HO. Is that better Bisonator98?
    "THe incoming guards are clearly an upgrade".

Who exactly are you speaking of? Incoming true FR or guys redshirting?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    "THe incoming guards are clearly an upgrade".

Who exactly are you speaking of? Incoming true FR or guys redshirting?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    JUCO transfer and one of the incoming freshmen who took us over UNI.

Big question is our bigs. Dave needs to find some immediate help.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

If were looking at D1 transfers, not sure how plausible that is to find someone without sitting a season. Unless there's someone who sat out this year and hasnt decided on an option. Would a grad transfer honestly consider us?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    If were looking at D1 transfers, not sure how plausible that is to find someone without sitting a season. Unless there's someone who sat out this year and hasnt decided on an option. Would a grad transfer honestly consider us?
    It's next to impossible to find some one from D1 who wouldn't have to sit, we have to look the JUCO route as it's also highly unlikely to find a late recruiting period signee who would be able to contribute right away. We could get by with what we have but I would like to think there are some big bodies that can score in the post and rebound that would like to play D1 basketball available.